The Fag Swag {30}

***Phil’s POV***

                I shut my locker and sighed. I really hoped Nick was here by now. His stupid bus being late every morning. I hated it.

                I began to walk back towards the hallway to meet up with Angel, Molly, and hopefully Nick. I smiled a little at the thought of Nick.

                “Hey, Phil!”

                I froze and slowly turned to face that Kenneth kid. Him. He had threatened Nick into a relationship.

                “So you and Nick are together?” he asked casually, coming over to me.

                “Yea. He loves me, I love him. So fuck off,” I snarled. He wasn’t going to take Nick away from me. Nick was mine. He had promised.

                “Nick doesn’t love you, you moron. You scare him. Why would he ever love you? Look at yourself. You’re constantly covered in cuts and bruises, you threaten Nick every five seconds, he’s a nice guy and you hate nice guys, you have the IQ of a toaster, and you have more mood swings than a pregnant lady,” he said flatly. “You’re a mess. You’re not even good for Nick.”

                I froze before glaring at him. “Just shut up before I hit you,” I threatened, balling my hands into fists. I didn’t like this kid. He needed to be punished.

                Kenneth barked a laugh. “See what I mean? Look at how violent you are. If you hit Nick, that’s abuse. His dad is the police chief. You really think you’ll have a happy relationship if you hit the police chief’s only kid? Mr. Bradley has already arrested you for the gas station thing. And I know you’ve gotten in trouble with the police before.”

                “I got in trouble with the police when I was eight years old!” I snapped.

                Mom had had a boyfriend over and kicked me out of the house so they could be alone. I had been throwing stones at an abandoned building for fun, and a policeman came over and sternly told me not to do that. Then he took me home and told me to behave. That was all.

                “Oh, you’ve been in more trouble than that,” Kenneth said, laughing. “My uncle’s a policeman. He knows you. Said you’d never been arrested before, but you’ve had plenty of warnings.”

                I bit my lip and guilt flashed through my eyes. Okay, that was true. I had gotten in some trouble. But I didn’t mean to! I tried not to do bad things. I hated getting in trouble.

                “I’m leaving,” I said flatly.

                “No, you’re not. You’re going to hear me out,” he said smugly.

                He crossed his arms and smirked. “You’re not good for Nick. You’re going to hurt him. You’ll lose your temper with him, because he can be clueless at times. So why don’t you do the smart thing for once in your pathetic life, and just break up with him now, before you hurt him? It’ll be better for both of you.”

                “Phil? Kenneth?”

                Nick hurried over to us and glared at Kenneth. “Kenneth, leave Phil alone!” he said sternly, taking my hand in his.

                Kenneth ignored Nick and smirked at me again. “You know I’m right Phil,” he said simply.

                I glanced down at Nick. I…I didn’t want to hurt him. I wouldn’t hurt him! Yea, I lost my temper sometimes, but I would never hu-