A Good Show.

I woke up in a hospital bed, a place that I seemed to be a lot

I woke up in a hospital bed, a place that I seemed to be a lot. My shoulder, and stomach bandaged up, an IV needle poked through my teal vein in my hand. 

I was confused, not able to piece together the puzzle, finding it difficult to connect the dots. He remembered me... I killed Alexander... Steve was there... My brain a maze, my thoughts disorganized, not being able to find a way out. 

It was morning now, the sunrise melting across the sky like liquid gold. The puffy pink clouds like cotton candy, a treat I remembered buying at the 1939 World's Fair. 

Pigeons sat at the windowpane, tapping at the glass, their iridescent feathers ruffling. 

"How long was I out?" I thought, slowly sitting up, and going to leave the bed, but then I felt a hand wrap around my wrist. 

Snapping my neck to the side I saw Tony Stark beside me, a cheeseburger in his other hand. 

"I wouldn't move. Don't try anything either, Popsicle Number 2. Don't attempt to fight me, or damage my Iron Man suit again, got it?" 

"What happened?" I questioned, not even trying to quarrel with him like how I acted when I first met him. I hurt too much honestly, and he had the answers I desired. 

"With what? The fact that you killed Alexander Pierce, and are going to get an accommodation from S.H.I.E.L.D.? Good job, by the way. Or, does your inquiry have to do with your assassin Winter Soldier hubby?" 

"The second one." I responded, and the playboy just took another bite of his fast food burger, the gooey cheese oozing out of the sides onto the silver foil. 

"Ah, well... Cap will fill you in on some things, and I was told to not tell you anything. I'm just the guard right now, a really hot guard, making sure you don't leave. Your shoulder is gonna be okay though. Lots of tendon, and muscle damage, a slight bone fracture here, and there, but it'll all be good. You lost some blood though, we had to get someone with your same blood-type to give you some of theirs, and I'm pretty sure you're gonna have a scar on your stomach. Which might be bad if you, you know, feel insecure about wearing a bikini, or anything like that..." 

Tony continued to ramble on, and on, and I sighed. 

"You think I care about a scar?" 

"I don't know," The genius stammered out. "Some women do." 

"Well, I'm not like other women." I rebutted, and the conversation trailed off. 

A cloud of clustering awkwardness polluting around us, and Tony wiped his mouth with a Burger King napkin, clearing his throat. Silence filling the room, and he tapped his fingers obnoxiously against his jeans, his leg bouncing up, and down like an impatient child. 

"So, you knew my dad, right?" 

"He hit on me." I said just before the hospital rooms door opened, and Steve entered. 

"Oh, good you're here, Capsicle. I'll be going now." The billionaire exclaimed, grabbing a handful of fries before leaving with great haste. 

"Where is he?" I asked, the pain I was in lowering my level of patience, even with a dear friend. 

"He's gone now. You've been out for two days. Bucky stayed by your side, not sleeping, not doing anything else, giving his blood to you since you, and he have the same type, and he's been here for those two days all until six hours ago." 

"Where did he go?" I asked, my question not being fulfilled yet. 

"I don't know," Steve disclosed, his words hesitant, and low like he was worried that I was going to snap at him. "Bucky just told me to protect you, and make sure that you get healed properly." 

"You didn't try to stop him?" I grilled, the volume of my voice going up a few decibels. 

"Come on, you know Bucky even more then I do," The blonde Avenger began. "You can't stop him from doing anything once he sets his mind to it. He said that he had to do some thinking, and that he remembers us." 

"I'm going." I said, sitting up from the hospital bed again only to have Steve push me back down. 

"I can't let you right now while you're hurt, and you don't want to ignore Bucky's wishes, do you?" 

That got me, and Steve knew it. He was using Bucky's words to force me to stay, and heal up. Knowing full well that I couldn't, wouldn't dare, argue with it. 

"Fine. Thank you, Steve." 

He held onto my hand, and sat on the edge of the mattress. 

"I'm glad you're safe, Becky. I don't think I could stand to lose you twice." He confessed. 

I saw it again in his eyes, that same look that I used to pretend not to notice ever since day one. Back when I first met him, and he was just this scrawny, bighearted boy from Brooklyn. I could't ignore it any longer like I always had. 

"I'm sorry, Steve." I spoke up, for once letting my hand slip away from his grasp. 

"Sorry for what?" 

"I knew, I always knew, Steve," I began, gazing over at him. "But, even if James had truly died back then in the snow, and I wouldn't of reunited with him again I still wouldn't have been able to move on ever. To someone else..." 

Steve looked at me with surprise like a conman thinking he had gotten away with an elaborate heist, only to have been captured anyway. His brows knit together, and he sucked in a breath, accepting my knowledge of the truth. 

"I know, and I wouldn't of wanted you to move on. Bucky deserves you more than I do. You know, I met you on the same day that Bucky did, and I was the one to talk to you first, but I was too insecure back then, and then Bucky came over. I saw as you two hit it off instantly, and listened when he talked non-stop about how amazing you were. I didn't have the courage to say to him that I liked you too, but it was still nice. Just sitting back, and watching you two fall in love." 

My lips curved upward, and I leaned over to hug him. 

"Was it a good show, Steve? Me, and James."  

"Yes, it was."