Months Later.

Wakanda

Wakanda.

"Mrs. Barnes, we're here." The General of the Dora Milaje announced, seated in the pilots sector, the Wakandan jet whisking us through the white clouds. 

Looking over at the bay of windows in the cockpit I watched as Okoye began our descent, the rush of nerves hitting me. It had been so long. Too long. And, for as much as I had hoped, prayed, wished for this day to come now that it was here... I just hoped that all my wishful thinking wouldn't be for nothing. The problem in hoping is that in every eclipsing hope there is a dark side of doubt as well. 

Almost habitually, I fiddled with the golden wedding band on my finger, it always being a form of comfort to me when in times of distress. Almost like a security blanket, or a night light to a child. A piece of solace, always there when needed the most. 

"Do not worry," The General apprised, her native accent woven into her words like a weaved basket. "Have faith in Princess Shuri." 

Timorously, I nodded in accordance, wishing to not tote my worry around like heavy baggage, but for so long faith had come in short. Still, I just took to staring outside, the scenery too pretty to pass up, the African landscape like a painting come to life. 

Thick, earthy foliage spanned miles, and miles. The shades of sandy orange, and emerald green shimmering beneath the glow of the baking yellow sun. The pale blue sky ebbing along the horizon. 

We flew down into the heart of the Wakandan city, and I watched as the phasing hologram which protected and concealed the Capital unfurled like a scroll, unveiling the state-of-the-art, futuristic Metropolis below. The advanced city a true diamond in the rough, an eye-catching Vibranium built hamlet pivoted smack dab in the middle of natural vegetation. 

The golden beacon teeming with life, and energy. The efficient city a well running cog, a modern marvel of technology beyond your wildest dreams. Seamlessly fulfilling it's duty in bettering the lives of it's people, and now the rest of the world as well. With the International Outreach Centre up and running Wakanda was extending it's branches like a beautiful tree, offering up aid to more and more people. 

Okoye positioned us onto the helipad, the sonic stabilizers helping to land us safely down by bracketing the Vibranium jet in place before the pressurized hatch opened, the gangway lowering down. 

There waiting for me, accompanied by two armed Kingsguard, was the King himself, as well as the genius Princess. 

The humid climate weighed down my stride, but still I walked towards them, a lightness in my posture. 

"Thank you." Were the first words that left my mouth, being said in the purest sense because without them none of this would have happened. Bucky wouldn't of stood a chance without the advancements that this country held to offer. 

"It was a pleasure to take care of your broken white husband,"  Shuri replied happily before turning to her brother. "Now, if you'll excuse me I'll get your transport ready."