"Everyone Comes Home..."

Arriving back at the designated time stamp the heroes all catapulted out of the swirling vortex, the gateway to the Quantum Realm closing as we all stood on the platform

With the mirrored plates rotating above us and with the stones in our hands, we all looked around at each other. Smiles on everyone's faces, the sense of hope rekindling in our hearts.    We did it.

But, amidst the circle of Avengers it seemed there was an empty spot. We were missing someone... 

"Did we actually get them all?" Bruce expressed, in disbelieve, Time Stone curled up within the large palm of his green hand. 

"Are you telling me this actually worked?" Rhodey formulated, the Orb containing the Power Stone within the War Machine's armored, bionic hand. 

Though everyone's celebration was quick to dissipate, the embers of our happiness fizzling out as if being dampened with water. The fire in our eyes darkening as the tremendous weight of loss came crushing down onto everyone's shoulders. 

Clint collapsed to the ground as if he a mere puppet who's strings had been cut. The orange glow of the Soul Stone in his clutches, tears falling from his eyes, his partner no where to be seen. 

"Clint, where's Nat?" Bruce asked, the joy any of us felt erased entirely. 

The heroes had lost a comrade, no, a family member. 

..........

Taking a moment away from the mission the original Avengers resigned themselves to sitting on the dock. The lakeside view and all it's tranquility not alleviating the grief they felt. 

Tony, Thor, Bruce, Clint and Steve... Natasha was their teammate, apart of the main six who fought for the good of mankind for so, so long. She was there since the Avengers Initiative. And, now she was gone. 

The stones were locked away within the facility, so far unused as the group needed a second to mourn the loss of their friend. 

And, I, stood away from the pack. Feeling like I didn't want to disrupt their mourning. I didn't know Natasha as well as they did. But, that didn't stop me from feeling sad as well. 

"Do we know if she had a family?" Tony brought up, breaking the chain of silence which had resonated amongst the five. 

"Yeah, us." Steve remarked, hands clasped together, his head hung low as he sat on a bench. 

"What?" Thor griped, denial getting the best of him. 

"I just asked him a question-" 

"No, you're acting like she's dead. Why are we acting like she's dead? We have the stones, right? As long as the stones are in our grasp we can bring Natasha back. Isn't that right?"

The God kept on babbling in a frenzied, storming fit. His rejection and refusal at the reality that had befallen onto us unyielding. 

"Can't get her back." Clint choked out, his first concise formulation of words in hours.