6

I stayed up all night waiting for Alexander to text me the time. It felt like forever but he finally text me saying to meet him at the movie theatre tomorrow at 3:00. I smiled and text him back saying okay and I was excited. My mom called me for dinner, we were having lasagna.

After dinner I checked my phone and saw Alexander said he was excited to go too. We were going to watch some new action movie about superhero's. I wasn't really into those movies but was just excited to go with him.

The Next Day

I took the bus to the movie theatre. As I walked inside I could smell buttery popcorn and hear kids laughing with their friends. I sat down at a near table to wait for Alexander.

"Hey, sorry I'm late, I missed my bus so I had to wait for the next one" Alexander said sitting next to me

"Oh it's okay! There's still 30 mins until the movie starts anyways. I'm really excited."

"Yeah me too. I've been waiting to see this movie since the trailer was released last year."

"Yeah me too. I loved the trailer" I lied

"Do you want to get food? I don't mind paying" Alexander said with a warm smile.

"Yeah, I'm starving. But I have money, I can pay for myself."

"Clayton, I insist."

"Okay. Thanks Alexander."

He smiled and we walked over to the food booth.

"What do you want? I think I'm going to just get popcorn." Alexander said

"Yeah, I'll get the same. Thanks again."

He ordered two large popcorns and two drinks. I got sprite and he got root beer but when I took a sip I realized it was some other drink that I couldn't recognize I just knew it wasn't what I ordered.

"Hey what's wrong?" Alexander said when he saw my face

"Oh it's nothing" I said trying to not make a big deal about it.

"No, it's not nothing, now tell me what it is." He demanded

I sighed

"They got me the wrong drink but it's really not a big deal"

"Come on, let's go get you what you order" he said as he pulled my arm. His grip was tough and I could feel the heart from his hand.

"My friend just ordered a drink and didn't get what we payed for. Get him a new one." He said in a demanding voice which I haven't heard

"I'm sorry, my co worker just left for her break and I can't do anything because I wasn't the one who sold you the drink. If you really want a new drink, you'll have to pay. Sorry again." The cashier said.

"Excuse me? I want to speak to your manager and I'll be sure to tell them about the poor service of this movie theatre!"

"The manager is busy at the moment and I am the supervisor. Either pay for a new drink or go to your movie." She said obviously annoyed

Alexander grabbed my drink and threw it to the ground creating a puddle of sticky pop. The cashier was not angry and calling security.

"C'mon Clayton, lets get out of here." He said grabbing my hand and heading towards the exit. I can't believe what just happened. I didn't know he could be so sensitive over stupid little things like that.