7

We walked out of the theatre while everyone was staring and laughing. I felt so embarrassed and uncomfortable. Alexander was still gripping my arm, it hurt but I was too scared to tell him. We walked to the parking lot and I sat on a bench while he started talking about how wrong they treated us and how he's going to a complaint.

"Are you okay Alexander?" I said but quickly regretted it

"Yes! I'm fine!" He said angrily

I was now nervous and scared. He had never shown signs of angry like this before.

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you upset. It's my fault." I say and I begin to cry a little.

Once he sees that I'm crying, he stops yelling and gets a worried and sad look on his face.

"I'm so so sorry Clayton. I didn't mean to get angry, I mean it. It wasn't your fault at all. You did nothing wrong. I've just been stressed lately with school and hockey and I took it out on you and I know that was wrong of me. I'm so sorry."

He comes and sits next to me on the bench and gently hugs me.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, please forgive me."

"It's okay, I know you were trying to be nice and get me a new drink."

"Are you sure? I don't want you to think I'm some monster. I really am sorry."

I smile and hug him back. He smells nice like fresh clean clothes. I close my eyes and embrace his hug.

"I know you're sorry. It's okay. If you ever need someone to talk to, please don't hesitate to text me."

"Clayton, you're honestly the only good friend I have and that actually cares about me. All what my other friends talk about is sports and girls. I want to make this up to you, why don't we hang out tomorrow after my hockey game?"

Just hearing him say I'm his only good friend and how much he appreciates our friendship makes me smile. I am truly happy around him, but it breaks my heart every time I see him and I'm reminded that he's straight and will never love me like how I love him.

"Yeah that'd be great, I'm free tomorrow all day so whatever time you want to meet us good with me." I say happily

"Great! How about 4:00?"

"Yeah sure. Where're we meeting? You're house?"

"Yeah sure, my mom isn't home so we'll have the whole house to ourselves."

"Okay! I can't wait."

"My mom is actually gone all week, so if you wanna sleepover I don't mind"

"Okay, sounds good."

We part ways after talking for an hour. On my way home I can't control my happiness, I never thought I'd actually be talking to him but now we're having a sleepover. This semester is actually really good. I feel happy.