14

We walked inside the school once the bell rang. You could hear locker doors swinging open and kids yelling. I walked to my locker with Alexander glued right next to me. He wasn't letting me out of his sight.

"Want me to carry your books to your class?" Alexander asked

"No I'll manage. But thanks."

"Clayton, I really want to help you so please let me carry your books."

"I said I was fine. I have to get to class."

I brushed past him but he grabbed my arm and pulled me back. His grip was tight.

"Are you disobeying me? After everything I do for you, you treat me like this?"

My chest tightened up and his fingers were stabbing into my skin. He looked mad and heart broken at the same time.

"I-I'm sorry Alex. You're right, you should carry my books."

I passed him the 3 books I was holding and then he released his grip.

"Thanks for understanding Clayton. I'm just looking out for you." He said with a bright smile

He was right, he was trying to help and I was being rude. He's done so much for me already I just didn't want him to have to carry my books, but I guess Alexander was a natural helper.

He walked me to math then we said our quick goodbyes. I had a supply teacher today so we just watched a boring documentary but I couldn't complain. The period went by fast and Alexander was texting me the whole period asking how I was. It was cute. After the bell rang I waited outside of my classroom to wait for Alexander.

"Hey! Sorry I was late, Mr O'riley wanted to talk about boring chemistry stuff."

"It's okay Alex, you weren't really late."

He smiled and took my books while he walked me to my next class which was English. While we were walking, we saw the guy from a couple of days ago, the one who had beaten me up. He was big, bigger than Alexander and scary. I gripped Alexander's hand as we walked by him. I hope he wouldn't notice.

"HEY!"

We turned our heads to see him walking towards us with his fists clenched. I gulped.

"Hey fag! Remember me?" He said as he grabbed and threw me done become Alexander could do anything.

"Leave him alone!" I heard Alexander say as he punched him

Soon Alexander and him were fighting, kids were circling all around us to see what was happening.

"Are you his faggot boyfriend, huh?" I heard the guy say

"I'm not gay! But there's nothing wrong with it if I was!"

Just than a teacher came running towards them.

"Break it up! Break it up!"

"He started it." Alexander said

"Matthew, go to the office!" I heard the teacher say

So his name was Matthew. As he walked to the office, he gave me a nasty look. His big grey eyes were intimidating. I got up once he was out of sight and helped Alexander.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?" I asked him

"I'm fine. Are you okay?" He said getting up

"Yeah I'm okay. I just hit my arm a bit."

"The next time I see Matthew I'm going to kill him. That piece of shit is going to regret all the things he's done to you."

Was he serious? Would be actually hurt Matthew? I honestly wasn't sure what he was capable of doing when he's mad but I just nodded in agreement.

"Come on, lets walk you to English."

English was boring like always. There was some basketball game and half the team was in that class so we ended up just watching their game. Alexander had snuck out of class to meet me and we talked for 15 minutes before he had to leave. We met each other at the caf doors when the period ended. And sat at Alex's regular table.

"How was your day so far?" Cameron had asked me

"It was boring, yours?"

"Same. I suck at all things school."

Cameron was the type of guy who was smart but didn't try at school. All he ever did was skip class and play sports. Alexander had told me that his family was rich so it didn't matter about going to university or college. I guess he was right.

There was this other guy sitting at the table who had brown hair and brown eyes. He was shorter than Alexander and smelled like cigarettes.

"I don't think we've met, I'm Riley." Said the guy

"Oh nice to meet you Riley, I'm Clayton."

"Oh Alexander's new fag friend." He said laughing

Cameron just looked at him then looked back at me. I could feel Alexander get mad, he had stopped eating waited for Riley to stop laughing. Oh no I thought to myself.

"What did you say?" Alexander asked him in a low tone

"What're you talking about Alex? I was just uh asking a question. Is that not allowed?"

Everything had gone silent between the four of us. Riley had a smug look on his face.

"Get up." Alexander said while he got up

"What did you ask me?"

"I said get the fuck up."

"Ever since you've been hanging out with this fag you've been acting like one."

Riley was slammed right into the table. Drinks fell over and plates smashed to the floor. Me and Cameron both got up and looked at each other. Alexander kept hitting him. Blood was dripping down his face and his eyes started to swell up. Soon a teacher came running over. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.