10

I called my mom to tell her I was staying at a friends house tonight. She was really happy to hear that I actually had a friend. The pain mostly went away thanks to some medicine Alexander gave me, but it wasn't totally gone. I had laid in his bed all day, it was comfy and soft. Alex also made me dinner and lunch and brought them up to me. He was so sweet and a great friend but sometimes I felt like I wasn't good enough for him.

"Hey, how're you feeling?" Alexander said walking in his room

"I'm better, my stomach is still sore but thanks to that medication you gave me I'm feeling better."

"I'm glad. I just wish I was there to stop him, I wish I wouldn't have been selfish and leave you alone! I knew in the back of my head that I shouldn't have."

I sighed

"Really Alex it's not your fault, it's nobody's fault. Please stop blaming yourself. I'm going to be okay."

He slammed his fist into the wall and I let out a little scream.

"I know you're getting better and that you keep saying it's not my fault, but when I saw you helplessly on the ground, it reminded me of what my father did to my mom when I was younger."

Wow. I didn't know it had affected him that much. Now I understand why he's been so protective.

"I didn't realize. I'm sorry."

"It's fine but I want you to hang out with me and my friends for the rest of the semester, so I know you're safe."

I didn't really like his friends but I didn't have an excuse because I had no friends. I sighed and accepted his request.

"I think that'll be nice, thanks." I say smiling

"So what movie do you want to watch?" Alex says sitting down next to me

"Anything you want"

"But I'm asking you, you're the one who is hurt."

"Well what about that new movie about the girl who can't go outside because she's allergic to the sun or something?"

He smiled and shook his head in agreement.

"Sounds good."

We watched movie for the rest of the night and we hadn't realized it's 1:00AM and we have school tomorrow.

"Alex" I say nudging him "it's already 1:00, we should go to sleep."

"Oh yeah, you're right. Want some more pills before going to sleep?"

"It's okay I'll be fine."

I begin to get out of his bed and head to mine.

"Wait!" Alex's calls

"Yeah?"

"Um well if you want you can sleep in my bed with me? It's so if you're hurt I'll be right here to help you."

I started to blush and climbed back into his bed. He had taken off his clothes until he was just in his boxers.

"I don't mind if you sleep in your underwear, I mean it's not like I'm gay so it wouldn't bother me."

My heart shattered. I knew he was straight but just having him admit he was straight still hurt. I took off my clothes then closed my eyes.

"Goodnight." I head alex whisper