Suck Honey from the Heart

when mama told me love was not love but a poison, dripping droplets of a doom colored red with the onyx of a dead star, when she told me to cut off my hopes before they blossomed into roses that would wilt as love sucked the honey of its dewdrops -

when she whispered, "babygirl, love is a bastard with his promises of eternal happiness and nights of fingers finding fingers under neon light and twisting hips. he is the coward hidden under beds and closets that murders your soul and hacks away at your heart.
he is romeo before and just after juliet when love is a scratch on a bedpost and lips are lips deflowered and left strewn on a bed of virginal blood.
he will not care if you break, my beautiful baby, he will not care if you cry. he will hurt and hurt and hurt you till you feel no insides left to throw up.
love is no potion no spell no kiss - it is a poison to drink in small doses. sip it small and sip it in hiding, cover it under your bed of crimson sheets and under your shirt with your lacy bralette, make it kill your heart my little one.

kill your heart till it is black like my eyes are when love creeps into our home at night and enchants me for a moment - for this one marvelous moment - that i see your papa.
he hung no moon he gave me no heart but i see the sun when he smiles my way.

so forsake love, poison your heart poison it now while you are small. loving is the dimming of color in your eyes -

mine were once blue

- it is the loneliness of a heart given in sections not in whole."

love in the darkness of a heart made to stop - fed poison by a mother told love is love only when it is used to kill a heart - love is not something i was taught to need:

just ask mama

weedylav her poetry and her kind words inspired me and she deserves all the love and attention ever. check out this little angel's work!!