Mother's Swan Song

I want to ask her what broke her heart.
Why listen to such sadness? Wrap it around your shoulders and pin it to your frame with pins in the shapes of teardrops? When did you decide singing to the air would give you more answers than asking him? And why do you let the questions echo [inside] you? Ricochet off your lungs and puncture your heart till you sing with blood dripping tear-stained half sobs from the clogged whimpers trapped in your chest? Where did love become a doubt in your mind? How did it become black and fiery red with holed truths hurling [inside] you till the outside only heard the song of a swan mourning a lost love never known as fully true, fully lived, fully told? Where did you go singing along in your half-shrouded state? I search for you in the music notes and lyrics of millions of songs but all I find are the outside pieces of a shattered lover begging for attention from its source but falling into a lullaby of solitude so clearly defined it is the peaceful death of a love embedded in a song composed between lying fingertips and dripping mouths. Strung on the lips of you all I do is stare at the sky of music notes where your voice sounds as operatic as the strewn sight of your heartbeat.
I want to ask her what will stop her from
b       e         k         n
    r         a          i         g