Part 4

Hello everybody 😊😊 Missed me😁 Of course you did😁 Yes my dissertation is over and so I m here 😁 But not for long as my exams have been postponed by a month😂😂
A huge thank you to all my readers for loving this ff and waiting so patiently for it😊😊 Love u guys loads😘😘😘

Chalo no more bad bad😁 Here we go😁

Dialogues in bold
Characters thoughts in italics
Narration is normal font

Flashback
Maheshwari mansion

"You are saying that you want to work Ragini! Not only that you want to join business too! Don't you know that bahus of Maheshwari khandaan do not work! DurgaPrasad bellowed at Ragini as she put forth her idea of working.

"Bade Papa please listen to her once and allow her to speak" Sanskar requested.

Durga prasad calmed down but questioned her again "Why do you want to work Ragini"

Swara jumped into the discussion
"Exactly my question ! Why do you need to work Ragini? We need to help Maa and BadiMaa with the chores. Plus BadiMaa needs care and how can you work when your mother in law is ill at home" She stated as she gave an apologetic look to Annapoorna.

Sanskar looked at Swara bemused. One would had thought that a girl who proclaimed so much about modern upbringing would never oppose her sister's decision to work. Wasn't she the one who claimed to support her sister throughout?

Ragini cast a glance at Annapoorna before proceeding with her argument

"Maa is recovering Swara. And she is going to her sister's place for a month.  So our staying in the house won't help with the recovery process. And regarding the chores I am sure the house help can finish the chores." Ragini pointed out

Okay. I agree that our staying at  home won't be that helpful. But why business Ragini? Remember we started our own wedding planning company Ragini? What is wrong with that? Why not continue with it? You do know how much effort I put into starting it !” Swara fumed.

Ah ! So the problem wasn't that Ragini was not staying home to take care of BadiMaa but that she expressed an interest in joining business and not continue with wedding planning venture of Swara.

I agree with Swara. It is better if you two continue to work on the wedding planning thing since you would know such stuff. But our business is very different and you know nothing about it nor would you be good at it. So it is best if you want to work, you work on the wedding planning thing. If money is the problem, we can give it to you.” Laksh replied clearly displeased with Ragini's idea.

Ragini grimaced at the mocking tone of her husband. It was almost as if he was insulting her.  She wished that her husband of all the people would support her decision. But then again she was wrong.

"Well we organised one wedding Swara and left the business midway. We were never into it anyway. Sure we did the arrangements but that wedding planning thing was more like a distraction so that we could keep our minds away from our family troubles. And as far as joining business is concerned, I feel that we will be able to work well in the field. It's true that we have never managed stuff like this before but there's nothing you can't learn. Our preliminary knowledge in BBA might even help us in the field.
Women can be good entrepreneurs you know.
It seemed like that latter part of her sentence was directed at Laksh.