Part 10

Hey guys! Missed me?😊😁   I am here today with the monthly update of May on this very special day.
Waah kya rhyme kiya hai😂😂😂

A very special update on this extremely special day. 

Any guesses why is today special ? 😁😁... Socho socho😎

Anyway enough badbad. Hoping you guys like the update. Here we go.  

Note: Dialogues in Bold

Thoughts in italics.

Narration in normal font. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Few weeks had passed after the mishap. While business had slowed down for a week or two,it soon gained its pace with the four of them working towards a major contract. Sanskar,Ragini, Swara and Laksh had gone to Varanasi to secure a major contract. This was their biggest contract till date and would help them generate lot of revenue.
The four of them had landed at Varanasi and had checked into the hotel late night and were scheduled to attend the meeting in the afternoon the next day.

Swara had complained of being too exhausted by the travel and had opted out of the conference while Laksh had disappeared in the morning. Despite repeated attempts, it was impossible to establish contact with him. Thus the onus of the conference lay on Sanskar and Ragini, but since both of them had worked very hard in preparing the bid for the contract, things seemed to be on track.
They stepped out of the lift with hopeful smiles and were moving towards the conference hall when they were stopped by Laksh''s voice.

"Well well well... Look who we have here. My sweet brother and my darling wife. "He said with a mocking smile.

"Laksh where have you been? We have been looking for you everywhere. You didn't even answer your phone or reply to our messages. You do remember that we have come here to secure a contract, don't you?" Sanskar asked him exasperated.

"How can you be so careless and leave unannounced? You didnt even try to contact Ragini to tell her your whereabouts. Do you know how worried she was for you!" He chided Laksh.

Laksh walked ahead with shaky steps and held Ragini close.
"Aww. My darling wifey was worried for me" He slurred as he ran a finger across her face.

Ragini removed his hands from her face and distanced herself from him as his breath reeked of alcohol.She couldn't even stand next to him as the smell was so strong.

"What? Now all your concern flew out the window? " He chuckled.

"And you my big brother. Aren't you cute being all worried for my wife or should I say your wife's sister." He sneered.

"Nowadays you are spending an awful amount of time with her. Looks like you have taken the "saali aadhi gharwaali proverb too seriously"He spoke bitterly.

"Laksh !"Sanskar screamt and lunged at him. He had been trying to control his anger for a while now but Laksh had crossed all limits today.
He punched Laksh repeatedly and knocked the air out of his lungs.

He was this close to strangling him when he saw the tears in Ragini's eyes and stopped his hands mid air.
Laksh took advantage of this momentary lapse and punched Sanskar.
He caught hold of a rod that was kept beside the stairs and struck Sanskar's head hard. He was about to hit him the second time when Ragini's scream stopped him.
"Sanskaaaaar !' Ragini screamt her lungs out in an attempt to save him.
The fear in her eyes was evident.
She had seen Laksh pick up the rod and was shocked that he had tried to hit Sanskar. Her husband would have killed Sanskar if not for her scream.
Sanskar heard Ragini's scream and turned around quickly. But he hadnt been able to save himself from Laksh's blow.
Sanskar held his head with both his hands as he tried to prevent himself from dis-balancing himself.