Chapter Eleven - Werewolves Werewolves And Werewolves: Oh My!

Chapter Eleven

Werewolves, Werewolves And Werewolves: Oh My!

Emberylnn's Point Of View...

I travelled Europe for a while: Italy, France, Norway...never staying more than a few days until I got to Sweden, where I spent a lovely two months with the Bright Sky Witch Coven. They were great blokes, all funny and friendly, and luckily more than accepting of my Vampire half, which was nice. And rare, too, for Witch Covens. Eventually, however, I left again (after learning some very useful new spells) and resumed my travelling across the continent.

Two weeks later I was back in my homeland, London just as comfortably busy and as uncaring as I remembered it to be. People here didn't give a shit; they were too busy with their own lives, and that meant I could wonder down any street, black skinnies, studded black ankle boots, black hoodie with sunglasses I'd nicked from Ash, and no-one batted an eye.

Everyday I did something different to center myself. I went to a building I'd always loved: the Natural History Museum, and I'd spent a good hour just sitting cross-legged on the floor in the main hall, drawing or watching the the tourists and looking at the black bones of the giant dinosaur that had once roamed the planet. I went all around the museum, and although I didn't get to see all of it (it was just too big) I came out feeling a little better.

The British Library was next, followed by a trip to an actual lending library so I could get something to read in my hotel room. I still had my old library card tucked into my purse, along with my Oyster Card and everything else I could need. Luckily, my Oyster card still had some money on, so I didn't have to top it up.

Day three was spent in Camden Lock...as was days four and five, actually. There was a lot to explore, different places to eat and a labyrinth of stalls in the stables. I could have done it in a day, sure, but I didn't want to, especially as I got everyone a present while I was there, which I then went to the Post Office in the high street to send back to America.

Andy would be so thrilled to get the new issues of Batman before they were even out in the states, and I knew everyone else would love their gifts. Most people got merch for their favourite bands, and I even managed to get some signed Iron Maiden stuff for Mikey, which was rare, and I knew he'd love. Ash got his sunglasses back along with a rhinestone-studded bandanna collar thing for Deviant, Ash's wolf Familiar.

So, sending everything to them along with a note telling them everything was well and I loved them all, I went back to touring London.

I started going around by night, my clothing becoming less casual and more vamp-ish as I went searching for food around known Vamp haunts. Skinnies were exchanged for tight black pants that looked like they'd been sewn onto my legs. On top I now wore a plain, tight black vest top under a waist-length black leather jacket, and my ankle boots switched for thigh-high black high-heeled boots. With my silver tinted aviators on my eyes, and my face perfectly made up with dark red lipstick, and finger-less black driving gloves on, I drew attention everywhere I went.

Which was exactly what I wanted: I wanted a fight, and tonight I was going after the leader of a Vamp coven who had sent me a rather rude note in my hotel room...along with a rose dripping in innocent blood.

A child's innocent blood.

And just in case that wasn't offensive enough, his rude note had basically told me that if I wouldn't 'get on my knees' in front of him (it was as bad as it sounded) to 'give him the pleasure that was his due', then he'd kill me. And I knew that he was telling the truth.

Well, you know...not if I killed him first.

Approaching the bar I knew he owned, I strode in confidently and walked over the the VIP area without a hint of uncertainty. That would denote weakness, and that wasn't good, not around here. The twat saw me approaching along with his five henchmen, all five of them looking more and more pissed off even as he cheered right up.