Chapter Thirteen - We Will Litter The Streets With Their Bones

Chapter Thirteen

We Will Litter The Streets With Their Bones

Emberlynn's Point Of View...

"No. Goodbye, firefly's friends." Jolle said cheerfully as he hung up the phone that he was holding up by his ear while Jaybee and Jonas held me away from the phone while Niclas and Petter and the wolves laughed at the 'defenceless little firefly'. Time to show them what I could do.

I flipped myself out of their hold, laughing as their faces showed their shock at my sudden movement and then my graceful landing right next to Jolle. I snatched my phone out of his hand - even if he had already hung up - before finally darting out of reach for all of the Bright Skies Coven and Alexandria Wold Pack, up a tree at the edge of a clearing where they'd been practicing controlling their shifts.

"Hey, no fair! You have to hide where we can catch you!" Jaybee laughed as I stuck my arm out of the branches to flip them off before hooking my knees over the lowest branch and hanging upside down to look at the Witches and Werewolves in front of me to ask:

"So, what's the plan, as you have a better way for me to get home than flying?"

"We'll teleport you...and us." Jaybee said.

"And us." Danny added.

"No. Bad idea. Slayers are - "

"Our enemies too. They want to kill what isn't human: there's no discrimination or thought with them; it's just 'kill, kill, kill' and we won't stand for that." Danny told me stubbornly.

"That, and we wouldn't leave you to face them alone, Em; you're not bad...for a leech." Ben winked, and I laughed:

"Could say the same for you...if I could get over the smell of dog that follows you lot around."

"We have grown to like you too, little firefly," Jolle said, uncharacteristically solemn: "I speak for the Coven when I say you have ouy loyalty and our."

I jumped down from the tree to walk over to him and hold out my hand. We gripped each other's forearms and bowed our heads silently, breaking apart for him to bow to me as I curtsied to him, even with my lack of a skirt. What he'd said was a modernised and more simplified version of an old Witch way of bonding someone from outside of the Coven to it - I wasn't a Coven member, but should I ever need them, they'd be there. And by returning the gesture, I'd basically promised the same thing.

"Now, pack what you need. We'll teleport when the moon is at it's peak - no later." Petter ordered, and we all rushed back to grab what we'd need. I needed to be back home...my friends had sounded terrible: defeated and weak. I didn't know what had happened, and in a way it didn't matter...because no matter what it was, whoever caused it would pay.

In flesh.

Three hours later, once the moon was nearly full, I helped Jonas and Nikki (Niclas) drawing a circle of salt around where the group was standing while Jaybee chanted the incantation to make the circle truly secure. We were all careful to keep the salt thick and to make sure everyone was in the circle before we closed it. Next Jaybee, Jonas, Nikki and Pete (Petter) lit candles, chanting in time as the wind around us picked up, despite us not being able to feel it in the circle.

The candles flared and we all joined hands. It was around dawn in America now - at least where the school was - and I'd warned everyone to clear the main room by that time. Chris had told me it would be cramped, but doable, and now...now it was happening.

As we all joined in with the chanting at the appropriate time, the world outside of the circle began to turn fuzzy as we started to glow, before with the speed of a lightning bolt, everything went black, and then with a flash of multi-hued lights, we were in a familiar room.