2

Another one.

Another demon.

I blink quickly, surprised, before I grab her wrist. If she's really a demon, my grip to her would feel like a regular human. If she's not... well...

She looks at me, the same smug expression painted on her face. "I don't feel anything," she smirks.

"Who are you?" I sneer.

"You don't know my name?" The girl-- or should I say, demon, asks, sarcastic sadness laced in her voice.

Kaia, the demon whispers. Kaia Dyer.

"Of course I do, Kaia Dyer."

Kaia cocks her head. Her expression doesn't change. "Your demon told you that."

I shrug. "Yeah, so?"

"Guys, it's next period!" Mr. Baldie calls.

"Sorry, Mr. Morris!" Kaia glares at me, like her approaching me was my fault, and walks away to her next class.

Ah, Mr. Morris. That's his name. I still think Mr. Baldie sounds better.

So, I'm not the only demon. That's a surprise.

No, really. I'm surprised. No sarcasm, promise.

I arrive at biology, kick the door open, and walk in. Ms. Allen glares at me. "Be on time to class next time, Mr. Tomlinson, or that means detention."

I give her my fakest sweet smile. "Of course, Ms. Allen. I'm so sorry, I'll be on time next time."

She squints at me, trying to detect sarcasm in my voice, then she nods and gestures to my seat.

Teachers are so oblivious to very obvious sarcasm. I sit down, Ms. Allen's beady eyes fixed on me. The only reason I know Ms. Allen's name is because she always says, "Hi, I'm Ms. Allen," at the start of every single class.

It's quite annoying, actually.

I'm sick of it.

The entire class is still talking, even five minutes after the bell rings. Ms. Allen claps her hands together to get our attention.

"Hello guys, I'm-"

"Ms. Allen," the class says in unison. Seems like they're sick of it too. Not surprising.

"Okay guys, today we're going to be learning about--"

I stop listening at about that moment.

My sensitive ears pick up a faint buzzing sound. I can hear it coming closer and closer.

I look around to see if any of the humans have noticed it. They haven't. At least, I don't think they have.

What's that buzzing sound? I ask inside my head.

I don't know, the demon replies anxiously. I think I recognize it, but it's impossible.

What's impossible? I think. My thoughts are frantic.

It sounds like one of my kind. A pure demon from Hell. The demon stammers.

That's impossible, I shift in my seat. Demons can't leave Hell unless they have a host.

I know, the demon whispers. That's why I'm worried. If it was possible for a demon to escape Hell, they'd be powerful enough to destoy Earth.

This can't be good.

It's getting closer, the demon's voice raises. I'm one hundred percent sure that it's a demon. Get out of here, now.