13

LAST CHAPTER.

"You killed Kyle," I whisper, narrowing my eyes into a glare.

"Huh?" Liam smiles innocently, looking up at me.

"You killed Kyle," I repeat, speaking louder.

"What?" Liam's grin drops from his face and his eyes widen.

Kyle makes an exasperated noise from behind me, and slowly walks toward Liam.

"Liam, do you know how I died?" Kyle sneers, taking a step closer.

Liam shakes his head, realization dawning on his face.

"Well, I was in the park with Louis. Then, I felt something hit my shoulder. I thought it was just my imagination--"

"Kyle, Liam knows," Niall interrupts. He glances at Liam. "He can see memories."

Kyle glares at Liam, then he walks back to behind me.

"Guys, we can't dwell on the past. We need to work together for this," Harry pipes up.

"Yeah," Niall adds. "According to my calculations, the demon army should be coming in exactly 6 minutes, 48 seconds, and 0.2 milliseconds."

"Holy crap," Kaia mutters. "We're all going to die."

"We're not going to die," Zayn enters the conversation. "We're going to find a way to kill of these... things."

"How?" I ask. "Our only real hope is this gun... and there's only one."

Zayn smirks, his jawline sticking out even more. "Liam, give me the gun."

Liam walks over to Zayn and hands over the gun. "What are you going to do with it?"

Zayn ignores Liam, and places the gun carefully on the ground. He waves his hand over the gun, and six more guns appear.

Multiplying. His gift is multiplication.

After Zayn multiplies the ammo, I load the gun and aim it at the place that Kyle appeared before. The others do the same, except for Zayn and Harry, who are holding their ice buckets.

"Three," Niall yells.

Zayn and Harry get ready to throw their ice buckets and pick up their guns.

"Two."

A distant rumbling comes up from the ground. Black wings fold out of my back.

"One."

The ground suddenly opens, and a mass of shrieking demons come flying out of the hole in the ground.

I fire the shotgun, a demon falling to the ground.

More shots fire around the area, about a dozen more falling.

Harry takes off into the air, dumping ice on a demon, causing it to turn blue and to fall, cracking into an uncountable number of pieces.

With the opening of the earth comes a deep unnatural voice emits from the ground, causing everyone to cover their ears.

"Hello, humans. The end of humanity has begun."

***

At those very words, the clouds open up, and swarms of flying creatures fly out of the sky.

Demons?

No.

These creatures are cloaked in white, and they have feathery wings sprouting out of their backs.