6

"W-What?" I stutter. "No, why?"

"Because, she likes you, just to let you know," Liam smirks.

"How do you know?" I retort.

"Uh, demon, remember?" Liam taps his head.

"Okay..." I raise my eyebrows. "Well, no, I don't like her. Now can you let me change?"

"Sure, whatever. I'll meet you downstairs," Liam chuckles before leaving the room.

As I change into Liam's black t-shirt and matching jeans, I think a little bit about what Liam said. Is it possible that she could like me?

I roll my eyes. I'm being ridiculous. This shouldn't affect our mission. Who cares if Kaia likes me?

"You did what?!" A female voice shrieks from outside. Then I hear a really loud slapping sound. Shit.

I throw open the front door, and Kaia looks like she's about to kill Liam, and she would've if it wasn't for Zayn holding her back. Her face is bright red and livid.

"Kaia, violence isn't the answer," Harry consults her calmly, pacing in a circle around her, Zayn and Liam. "Treat people with kindness. All the love."

"Um... what's going on?" I ask.

Niall walks over to me. "Kaia's trying to kill Liam."

"Yeah, I can see that," I gesture to Kaia, who's still trying to punch Liam in the face. "Why does she want to kill Liam?"

"He told Kaia what you two were talking about upstairs. She didn't want you to know that she likes you," Niall grins.

"Why would he tell Kaia?" I laugh. "Is he suicidal?"

"Ha, he didn't tell her," Niall chuckles. "She read his mind."

"Oh."

"Yeah. Her skill can be really annoying at times."

"Huh?" I ask. "What do you mean, skill?"

"Seriously, Louis, are you incompetent?" Niall sighs. "Every demon is always better at something than the others, they can always do something that the others can't do. Kaia can read minds."

"Can't every demon read minds?" I raise my eyebrows.

"Naw, but Kaia's different. She doesn't need her demon telling her what the others are thinking," Niall grumbles, clearly jealous.

"What's your skill?" I raise my voice over Kaia's shrieks and Harry's attempt at positive consulting.

"I know everything," Niall coughs.

I laugh. "You know everything? Okay..."

"No, actually," Niall grins. "I know all the information in the universe. That's how I knew who we needed to get for our team, and that's how I knew Kaia's skill."

"Oh," I think for a bit. "What's my skill?"

"Telekinesis."

"Telekinesis?" I look at my hands in awe. "You mean, other demons aren't telekinesis--etic?"

"Telekinetic," Niall corrects. "No, they aren't. I wish I was."

"Awesome!" I giggle like a child, and then look around for a rock.

"Here's a rock," Niall tosses a purplish-red rock at me.

I catch it before a flash of bright red distracts me. "Whoa."

"What?" Niall jogs over to my side, and looks at the rock. "Whoa."

The rock is flashing bright red, wisps of black and purple smoke encircling it. It slowly starts to shake in the palm of my hand, and then it falls to the floor and cracks open. A dark purple portal spirals out of it, red lightning flashing around it. I feel it slowly starting to suck me in.

I try to run away from the portal, but its hold is too strong. Kaia, Liam, Zayn and Harry are distracted for a moment as they're slowly getting sucked into the portal too.

"What's going on?" Liam and Kaia yell at the same time, and then they glare at each other.

"What's happening?" Zayn shouts, and Harry screams.

I grab onto the nearest tree, digging my feet into the ground, and watching as Niall gets sucked in.

"Niall!" I scream.

Zayn and Kaia get sucked in next, Zayn still holding onto Kaia. "Oh god!" Kaia shrieks before she disappears into the swirling vortex.

Harry starts to get sucked in, and he tries to grab Liam's arm to prevent himself from flying away. Unfortunately for both of them, Liam isn't rooted into the ground, and they both get sucked into the portal.

My fingers start to slip away from the tree, so I try to hang on tighter. Just as the portal seems like it's going away, a blast of energy comes out of the portal, sucking both me and the tree into the opening.

I feel myself being tossed around, and red lightning is the last thing I see before I black out.