11

"What?" Niall says, the others crowding around the mirror.

"Yeah," Kyle runs his fingers through his hair.

"How?" I ask.

"Well, apparently it's actually not legal to transport living creatures to Hell. They changed the law about a year ago."

"There are laws in Hell?" Kaia snorts.

"I guess," Kyle replies. "And, Hell rock portals were banned around the same time. I don't know how he found out..."

"Who?" Liam asks.

"Lord Gehennam. Who else?"

"What?" Kaia shrieks.

"I have no idea how he found out! I mean, we were millions of miles under the ground... and I don't know why the whole of Earth was sentenced to death, I didn't know Hell portals were banned..."

"What?!" We all yell in unison.

"Sentenced to death?" Niall yells.

"Hell portals are banned?" I shout.

"The whole of Earth?" Kaia screams.

"Lord Gehennam?" Harry shrieks.

"What?!" We all yell again.

"Lord Gehennam is going to send thousands of flying demons to destroy everyone in Earth. Oh, and he's kicking me out. He's making me alive again."

"How is that a punishment?" Zayn asks. "The making you alive again part, not the flying demons part."

"Public humiliation!" Kyle chews his nail. "It's humiliating to be in Hell and then to be kicked out by Lord Gehennam himself. Also, Lord G is going to destroy Earth, not Hell, and to kill me, he needs to send me back to Earth."

"Well, at least you can help us," Liam adds.

Kyle shakes his head. "We have no chance against those guys. Lord G is sending his strongest demons against us, and there are going to be thousands of them."

"Where are you now?" I ask.

"I'm hiding," Kyle shakes his head. "But it won't be long before he finds me. I'm not a very good--"

"Kyle Brenner," a deep voice interrupts. Kyle's face turns pale white, and he slowly turns around. I can't see who it is, but I see a pair of black boots. Probably the Soldiers of Hell. In this case, only one soldier. "I'm here to escort you back to Earth."

"Please, don't do this," Kyle pleads. "I had no idea that Hell portals were banned. Please don't punish everyone because of something I did."

The soldier doesn't hesitate. "Brenner, you broke a universal law. These things have consequences. Come with me."

"No," Kyle shakes his head violently. "Please, don't--"

The soldier knocks the mirror out of his hand, and the glass shatters, cutting off our connection. Faint echoes of Kyle screaming can be heard through the mirror. I sigh and tap the mirror to cut the connection off completely.

"What are we going to do?" Harry asks, his face green with nausea.

Kaia's sitting on the floor, and so is Liam. Niall's staring at their hands, which are almost touching.

I guess I can ask all the dumb questions now, since we're all going to die.

Aamon, does Kaia still like me? I ask him. Aamon has been strangely quiet since we got Liam.

No, Aamon replies. Her feelings for Liam are returning slowly. Do you know what to do about the whole demon problem?

No, I think sourly. I don't know. I think we're all just going to die.

Careful, because as soon as Kyle arrives here, Lord Gehennam is going to send his army up here. Of course, it's a long way from Hell to here, unless you have a portal, but those are banned. Lord G is no exception, Aamon snorts. I'd say you have about eight hours.

"Eight hours?" Kaia shrieks. Nosy mind-reader.

"Eight hours 'till what?" Liam asks her.

"Eight hours until we get a free pizza all around the world," Kaia says sarcastically.

"Really?" Niall asks, licking his lips.

"No, of course it's eight hours until Lord Gehennam sends his army! We're screwed! That means about four hours until Kyle gets here," she says, doing the math.

"Okay, does anyone know what to do?" Zayn says, sitting down in between Liam and Niall.

I think, and I sit next to Niall. "What if we prepare our own army?"

Harry laughs, sitting in between me and Kaia. "Are you serious? It's six demon-possessed teenagers against thousands of adult demons. We have no chance."

"Actually, seven," I add. "Kyle's coming too, remember?"

Suddenly, a red glowing comes from the ground, and Kyle pops out.

He squints his eyes. "Whoa, I haven't seen sunlight in years."

"Kyle? What? That was fast," Liam acknowleges.

Kyle widens his eyes. "Too fast... that only took 15 minutes."

"Wait so, in 15 more minutes...?" I ask, not wanting to finish the question.

Kyle nods. "They're coming."