Adoption Process 📍

So, the next morning Tymir and I woke up got dressed then went out for breakfast before our meeting with the social worker. I was a little bit nervous but I know we be approved to be foster parents at the end of the day. iHop servers gave us amazing and quick service so we left our waitress a $50 tip and she was so thankful it made us feel good inside.

We left iHop hand in hand of course and walked to the car to go to our meeting. Tymir drove 20 minutes to the foster care and before we left the card we held each other's hands and prayed. We prayed together for about 5 minutes that we would walk out of this meeting happy and as parents. We walked in the office together where the receptionist greeted us respectfully.

"Hello, we have a meeting with Mrs. Brown today", Tymir said.

"No problem, I will notify her that you both have arrived", the receptionist said.

"Ok", Tymir and I both responded then sat down.

We sat down and waited for about 3 minutes then Mrs. Brown had the door open motioning her hand instructing us to come inside the office. We got up and walked straight down a hallway then into her office. We sat down and greeted her.

"Good morning, I have a girl that is here in this facility that is ready to go. Her name is Kalani, both of her parents died when she was younger. Kalani has been taken advantage of a couple of times growing up which causes her to be off the edge at times. She's very intelligent but has a bit of an attitude issue. She's 16 years old and seeks for some serious guidance.", Mrs. Brown tells us.

"Ok, perfect with us. We have open arms to accept in our home for long term", I said.

I passed her all the papers that she asked for.

She reviewed them and took copies of them to put in her file.

"Great, I notice that you have a room that is sufficent for her to stay in", Mrs. Brown said.

"Yes, we do and we will decorate it before she arrives", Tymir said.

"You two, have a week to prepare her room and I will bring her to the house. This is a packet with all of her info such as: favorite color, sizes, medical history, allergies, hobbies and much more", Mrs. Brown says as she hands me the packet.

I nodedd, "Thank you so much, it will be done".

Before, we left she showed us pictures of Kalani, she was a very pretty girl, short, round face and slim thick. I can already imagine how much fun we can have as a family.

We thanked Mrs. Brown and left the office. As, soon as we got home we changed to sweats to start getting stuff ready for Kalani. I ordered the furniture that would arrive in three hours today. Tymir sent a group message to his boys so they would come to paint the room and move all the stuff in the room. Tymir's boys came in less than 20 minutes to the house and they all went out to Home Depot to get tools, paints & etc. I called Kyla and told her to come with me to some stories to buy some cute girly stuff to decorate and some clothes. Of course, Kyla was ringing my doorbell ready to leave.

We went to the mall and we went crazy with the shopping together. We bought her 40+ tees & blouses, 30+ jeans, 30+ active leggings & basic leggings, 40+ dresses, PINK Victoria Secret matching outfits,5 PINK Victoria Secret queen bed sets, lots of underwear and matching bras, chockers,body sprays, body lotions, candles, 8 cross-body bags, 3 bookbags, 8 pairs of Huaraches, 15 sandals, 10 flats, and 12 pairs of Nike Air Maxes. We bought her plenty of nice stuff. We felt so accomplished. We constantly had to make trips to put the bags in the car but it was worth it. Being young, rich and a new parent seems like it is going to be great. I have everything together and I am living my best life. Kyla is already claiming Kalani as her first goddaughter which is so cute too me. Kalani doesn't even know her new home and she is already spoiled.

After, 2 hours at the mall we drove home and entered all the bags in the house. The guys ordered Papa John's and wings so I thought that they were done working for the day. When I went into Kalani's room, I had to shed some tears because it was so pretty. I quickly put the bed set that I bought at the mall on her bed.

ROOM:

Kalani's PERSONAL BATHROOM:

Kyla and I did a great job decorating and Tymir and his friends did their part so well! I emailed Mrs

Kyla and I did a great job decorating and Tymir and his friends did their part so well! I emailed Mrs. Brown telling her that everything was ready for Kalani to move in. Everyone chilled at our house until 9p.m. everyone left. Tymir brought up a great point that we should go grocery shopping and shop for all Kalani's favorites that she listed in the packet. By, 9:30 we left the house to go to Walmart to do a massive grocery shopping. We bought all her favorite snacks which were pretty much our favorite snacks. When we got to the cashier, in total we paid $546.97 which was normal for us. People looked at us as if we were crazy because we had 2 shopping carts loaded with stuff. We lived a lifestyle that no one would every understand unless they would live like us. Tymir paid and we loaded the car then drove home.

When we got home we arranged everything in its correct spot and the I raced to bed to go lay down

When we got home we arranged everything in its correct spot and the I raced to bed to go lay down. I was exhausted, I have been out all day and I finally could rest. I laid down in bed and dozed off for about 15 minutes. I was rudely interrupted when Tymir jumped on me laying on me telling me that Mrs. Brown emailed me back saying that she would come check everything out and bring Kalani tomorrow. I was excited but couldn't show my excitement because I was very exhausted. We both fell asleep and put an alarm on to wait for Mrs. Brown and Kalani bright and early.