4 |

"Do you need help?" In the morning, Arthur had announced the starting of the Games. Jousting and archery, and I and Leon had to get prepared since we are the hosts to the games.

Leon was struggling to wear his chainmail uniform when I had just woken up from bed. Yesterday, after I had went to find Gauis, I had made my stop in Ava's former bedroom.

"I used to help knights do this," I told him.

"Knights?" He queried in confusion and glanced at me.

"Yes, knights,"

I shrugged, "I was sort of Arthur's servant. The two of us technically became friends. Almost like siblings. Once Arthur sparred with me, and he sold my results to his father. By the time Merlin arrived, I was already pronounced Captain of the Royal Guard."

He took another look at me. This time his eyes settled at my nightgown. He gave me a questioning look. Right. I needed to change.

"I'll meet you in the arena," I said, already stepping behind the divider to change.

Minutes later, I stepped out of the divider, dressed in a fresh piece of chainmail uniform Abigail had prepared for me earlier in the evening yesterday.

"I thought you'd be in the arena," I looked at him. He had clasped the signature red Pendragon cape, and his sword belt was present around his waist.

I fastened the sword belt around my hips, my sword already sheathed, and slipped on my boots.

"I'd rather spend time walking to the arena with my wife," He smiled as I closed the door behind our wake.

I smiled back.

-

The knights participating in the Games are already preparing themselves for the matches. Servants were setting up last-minute preparations while the audiences took their seats.

"Captain," A servant holding a scroll whispered into my ears. He was asking whether or not he should have the knights do their final preparations before Arthur and Gwen arrive.

"Sure, go ahead," I nodded, "Also remember to tell them to gather in the arena when they arrive, too."

The servant nodded, and scurried off quickly. Leon and I finished the last of the tasks we were supposed to do.

"You're joining?" I asked in surprise when I saw Leon already dressed in his jousting armor. He and Arthur are joining, I guess, representing Camelot.

"Yeah. Wish me luck," He smiled.

"Better than luck," I whispered, and pressed my lips against his gently.

He smiled again when I pulled away. Then off he went to join the other knights, preparing himself.

I finalised the last minute checks just as the crowd of audiences started to arrive. Then, as if on cue, the trumpets blared.

"Welcome one, welcome all! To Camelot's first-ever Games!" I announced, and they hooted.

"This year is full of suprises. And thanks to our faithful rulers - I am honored to host these two events. Let's give it up for King Arthur and Queen Guinevere!"

The crowd pactically screamed as Arthur and Gwen and Morgana made their way to the seats at the royal box. Beside them, the four knights took their place behind them.

"Shall we welcome the competitors?" I glanced at Arthur, seeming that he also will compete in the jousting tournament.

Gwen nodded, and I continued, "May we welcome, the knights of the realm!"

Arthur whispered something to Gwen, who nod, and he secretly made his way out of the crowd. He was going to get ready.

-

After the welcoming, I called out the first two competitors who would be opposing each other. I wished Leon another luck, as well as to a knight, and they were off.

Since I was the host, I wasn't allowed inside the ring until a round is over. So I stayed at the sidelines.

"How'd you do?" I heard Merlin's familiar cheeky voice.

"I'm doing well. You?"

"Look at them joust. Don't you feel like you want to do that too?" He asked, smiling to himself.

"Maybe. Don't you?"

"Arthur's next," He chuckled to himself, "shall we see if he's a clotpole or not?"

I giggled, "Merlin, you can't call a King a clotpole,"

"We'll see about that," He laughed.

I tightened my grip on the scroll I was holding. I wasn't so sure I would compete myself.