15 |

"Aurora! Oh my, what happened?" Gwen gasped when she saw the dying Captain on Leon's arms.

Tears welled up in Morgana's eyes as she sobbed.

"She needs medical treatment. We can still save her." Merlin said moments after examining her wounds.

"Bring her to her chambers," Arthur ordered. "Now!"

Gauis and the castle nurse took turns looking after Aurora. When Gauis is out, the nurse would always look after her.

Days and days passed, and days turned into months as the heart rate slowed down to a stop, and still hadn't waken up. She is proclaimed dead.

To her friends and family, she is never dead. For she will remain in their hearts forever.

"You've been out of it, Arthur. Mind telling me what is the matter?" Agravaine asked.

"I can't believe she's gone. Neither of us can." The King sighed sadly.

Tonight. She will be forever lost.

"A ceremony will be held in the ballroom, then she will be buried next to her daughter in the royal garden." Arthur announced.

"I'm sorry for what you have been through, Sir Leon," Gwen told the knight.

"It's alright,"

-

Preparations for the ceremony commenced as servants began to make the Royal Gardens look attentive and invitations were sent out.

King Gotwin helped Arthur by preparing the certificate of death and the speech he was going to read out to the delicates.

"I think Sir Leon should read the final part," Arthur suggested, "After all, he is Aurora's husband."

Gotwin winced, "I'm not sure if that's what Princess Elena would want. Although we could go with your plan."

"Agreed,"

Elena skipped down the corridor, meeting Morgana and Gwen, who were walking down the corridor to the opposite direction as casually and as royally as they could.

"Lady Morgana, Queen Guinevere! Pleasure to meet you." Elena greeted.

"It's a pleasure meeting you as well, Princess," Morgana bowed politely.

"How is the whole family holding up?" Elena finally asked, "Are they doing well with her death?"

She didn't dare to say her name. Or bother with the name. Nobody in the castle is having a good time. After all, who'd take care of the kingdom's warfare after she passed?

Nobody else in the castle is as skilled in war as Aurora was, and Arthur had other businesses to attend to.

"We're doing fine, thank you," Gwen managed, "Thanks for asking."

"Just a little shaken up, but we're good," Morgana smiled weakly, "We're just on our way to see her the last time before tomorrow's ceremony of passing. You could come if you'd like."