11 |

I headed to the training fields with one mission only. To train the knights for the better. Lancelot was already there. He lit up when he saw me.

"You seemed troubled," He commented, "What's wrong? Is it the Princess Elena?"

"Quite," I tried to smile, "Except, the Princess wanted to marry Sir Leon."

"And you allowed that to happen?" One of his brows raised skeptically.

Tears blurred my vision, "I have promised him happiness. And I shall let him have it."

"You may be the Captain of Camelot, but you know you don't stop me from trying to protect you, Aurora,"

I sighed. "Thank you, Lancelot."

"When is the wedding, anyway?" He asked.

I shrugged, "Tomorrow, I guess. I-I think I can handle it. She loves him, and she's happy."

"You know I cannot rid someone of their happiness. It is not right." I tightened my grip on the hilt of my sword.

He stepped closer, "Then I shall help you with your quest." He pulled me in for a hug, laying my head against his chest and patted my back lightly.

"Thank you," I smiled, "Lancelot."

"You're the best friend I could ever have,"

-

I walked to my chambers, tired, tears forming in my eyes. I bumped into several servants in the corridor.

"Watch your way,"

"Mind where you are going!"

I threw a few apologises, but I knew they weren't going to forgive me. Once the corridor cleared, I let out a quiet sob.

"You don't have to do all that, you know that," A familiar voice told me.

I sat up, pretending nothing had happened. It was late evening. The wedding would be held tomorrow.

It was Leon.

"I cannot let happiness be taken from her," I told him, "If she wishes to be with you, then so be it. For all I know, she loves you."

"What will you do when I marry her?" He asked.

"I will watch you become the man you were when you married me." I placed my hand on one side of his cheek.

I pressed my lips against his.

It was longing. Passionate. But I knew it couldn't last forever. And I cannot be caught doing this to him now that he is "unoffically" engaged to Elena.

I pulled away. His eyes now filled with hurt. Sadness. I don't care anymore.

"I hope you will be happy," I smiled, although it was hard to do with tears streaming down my eyes.

-

I sat alone on the steps of the courtyard with no one to accompany me. Obviously. I've had everyone out of my path.

It was funny. Where I used to remember a long, long, time ago, when Uther had me engaged to Sir Leon, and I wasn't so happy about it.

I was so mad, that I had spent the night trying to bring down a training dummy filled with rice.

I was determined to not lose my title as captain. When Uther had fallen ill, it was sad to say that slowly I fell for the knight and married him the same day Arthur married Gwen.

Now. Here I am, taking off the ring even after I had promised Ava to never leave Leon.

I wasn't sure now on what to do.

I felt weak and destroyed.

-

"How is she doing, Merlin?" Arthur asked.

"Not so well," He sighed, "She's been depressed. She hadn't showed up during trainings either. Lancelot suspected that she might have been avoiding Sir Leon."

"Give her some time. Maybe she will come around sooner or later," Arthur suggested.

"Sir Leon will be married to the Princess Elena, Arthur. Surely out of everyone you'd understand how she's feeling right now."

"She's divorced him, Merlin. Haven't you realised she isn't wearing her engagement ring?"

"No. That's not true, Arthur. You know that's not true."

"You wouldn't want King Gotwin to have his daughter embarrass him, would you, Merlin?"