13 |

"Where the hell is Aurora, Merlin? She should have been present for the training today," Arthur asked.

"She's been gone since yesterday afternoon, My Lord. I have no specific idea on where she went." Merlin replied.

"Bring the news to Sir Leon. I want him to know what's happened to her." Arthur ordered.

"But sire-"

"Now!"

"Right away,"

-

Scratches filled my cheeks and body. Cenred's done everything he must to bring information out of my lips.

"I'll ask you one more time," He growled furiously, "Where is the King Gotwin?"

I have pledged my loyalty to King Gotwin and his daughter. I do not care what he does to me.

"I won't tell you anything," I said through gritted teeth as he pressed his dagger on my bare thigh.

"Are you sure of it?" He asked.

I screamed as he sliced past my thigh.

"I swore my loyalty and allegiance to the throne. I will never tell you anything." I said through clenched teeth.

"You're married to a Pendragon?" He asked, his eyes never leaving the dragon pendant dangling off my neck.

I shook my head no. "It was given to me by someone whom I really cared about but couldn't stay together."

"How lucky you are," He smirked.

And left me alone.

-

The horses were prepared to head to the cottage's location. Arthur led the group of six knights altogether, while Gwen stayed in the castle to keep an eye on Mordred and Agravaine, as well as Elena with Merlin and Morgana.

"We need to hurry. She might be in danger," Leon told Arthur.

"What about your wedding?" Elyan questioned.

"The wedding can wait," Leon said, "Aurora is more important to me than any other event or anyone."

"Good to have you back," Arthur smiled at his brother-in-law.

"Good to be back, Your Majesty."

The knights charged into the woods, armed with weapons. Cenred will have no chance against them.

-

"I will never tell you anything," I repeated firmly as chains rattled my wrists, "My friends will know that I am gone and they are coming here as we speak."

"They should be careful, then." Cenred chuckled, "My men are very cautious to royalty."

"What men?" My eyes rounded in confusion and shock.

"They are camouflaging and are armed with the order to attack your friends," He revealed.

"That is why,

They'd better be careful."

I tried my best to unlock the chains using a sharp pin I found on the floor, but to no avail. I even tried freeing myself by trying to pull the chains off my wrists.

I was dismissed as crazy by Cenred.

"At least have me dressed in my uniform," I told him.

"Why should I?"

"If you won't let me out of these chains to dress myself because you don't trust me, perhaps it may satisfy you if you would dress me yourself." I told him.

He smirked.

The two of us stepped behind the divider the cottage had provided, and needless to say, he was really gentle in doing so.

A few minutes later, I was dressed in my chainmail uniform. My sword was out of my reach but was sheathed beside my hip.

I glanced up when I heard loud shouts and swords clashing against one another. Cenred got up and went outside to check.

I quickly went for the keys and unlocked myself. When he came back inside, I tackled him on the ground, raised my sword and penetrated it through his chest squarely.

This time I checked his breathing before exiting the cottage once and for all.

My friends were fighting Cenred's men, shouts and yells. My eyes searched frantically for Sir Leon. Brightened when I finally spotted him, expertly fighting off his men with moves.

I pulled my sword out of its sheath and lashed out at one of the men, pushing Leon out of harm's way. The two of us rolled onto the ground, tackling each other.

"Are you alright?" The both of us chorused at the same time.

I went first. "I'm fine. Thanks for the rescue mission." I told him, smiling.

"Your welcome," He stared into my eyes for a minute or two.

"Don't you have a wedding to catch?" I asked him moments later.

"You are more important to me than anything else, Aurora,"