Chapter 2: coffee

(A/n () no words needed for the picture just beautiful <3 )

Song: keep myself alive by get scared

Italics= thinking, backstory or poem you'll know which one it is
Bold= A/Ns
And normal= whatever
Underline= important message or whatever

——————————————————

\(Y/n) POV/ *present time*

'Pop your pills and run away
Hide your face inside your shame
Drink your whiskey all damn day
Anything to hide the pain

It doesn't matter what it costs
Count your sins and cut your loss
You never saw another way
Another day, you'll never change

You watched the sun fall to the west
Your empty tears held no regrets
Eyes alight you took your final breath
The sun has set and now you're gone

You popped your pills and ran away
Hid your face within your shame
Drinking whiskey all damn day
Anything to hide the pain
Anything to run away.' -By: ???

I started quickly driving to the nearby highway that connects to another highway which goes to Alabama. Luckily for me the highway was about 20mins away from the house. I called (F/n) not too long ago and told her that today was the day that I was going to leave the house and drive to Alabama and she said that I could have a spare room in the house.

'But before i go on the highway I'm gonna need something to eat.' I thought to myself and then I noticed a Cora's breakfast restaurant not far from the highway entrance, maybe about 3mins away. So I drove up the street and to the direction of the restaurant and pulled into the parking lot. I parked the car then jumped out of it and then locked it behind me as I walked though the parking lot and to the restaurant. I walked up to the restaurant doors and pulled the doors open and walked inside the restaurant.

As soon as I walked in the smell of bacon and coffee filled my nose. I looked around the small restaurant and saw family's, couples and some teenagers sitting at some of the tables enjoying their breakfast. I noticed a small table near one of the windows where a black/dark brown haired male sat. His hair was swept slightly to the right and he had very noticeable, fabulous side burns and wore a red flannel button up sweater and a pair of jeans.
He was sipping his coffee and blankly staring at the tabletop. All of a sudden he turned his head and his dark brown eyes met my grey ones. (A/n I know this is a x reader insert but I'm just gonna put grey eyes also if you don't know (Y/n)= your name and (F/n)= friends name. (H/c)= hair colour (F/m)= favourite movie (F/s)=favourite song (F/b)= favourite book)

"Hello! And welcome to Cora's breakfast restaurant!" I was snapped out of my thoughts and turned to the blonde waitress with a apron standing in front of me. "Table for one?" She asked with a smile "Yes." I plainly responded and gave a half smile, I was too tired to actually try and give a smile. "Ok then please follow me!" She cheerfully said. I followed her to a two seated small table in front of the dark haired male I saw when I entered the restaurant. "Thank you." I said as I seated the chair facing the table in front of mine so I was able to see the male in the table in front of mine. "No problem!" She said with another one of her smiles as she took the menu from her hand, that I didn't even see before and then she handed it to me. "What kind of drink would you like? Coffee, water..." She said as she took out a small note pad and pen out of her apron pocket. "Umm can I get a plain coffee please?" I said as I looked up at her. "Sure! I'll get that for ya." She said then walked away to two double grey doors that labeled 'kitchen' and pushed the doors open and then the door closed behind her.