Gone

*three years ago*

*Perris POV*

“I was gonna marry her, you know” I said tears still running down my face. Ashley looked up from across the kitchen floor. He had stayed in the same position since he broke the news.

“What?” he whispered, keeping his original position curled up on the floor. His eyes were red raw and his face was blotchy.

“That thing that hit you when you were coming in, it was the box for the ring. I was going to propose.” I said clutching the hand written note.

“You still can” Ashley replied sitting up slowly.

“Are you crazy?” I said getting louder. “The only thing that ever mattered to me just left! I have no idea where she has gone or if she even wants me back!”

“Of course she does, you’re the only thing that’s ever mattered to her” He shuffled over to sit beside me. “That’s why you need to let her know that you’ll be there for her through everything”

“She said not to try and find her” I replied.

“You tell me a time when a girl has asked someone not to follow her and she has thanked them because they did what she asked.”

I hesitated.

“Exactly, you know girls and their secret messages. I think you should go after her, and if then she tells you she doesn’t want you back, at least you tried.”

“What if I can’t find her?” I asked.

“You don’t stop until you do”