Please come home

The prospect of maybe being a father in a few months was quite daunting. Especially when you don’t know where the mother of the baby is. I had to find her before the baby was born. She can’t raise her all by herself. I guess I think it’s going to be a girl.       

*Gee’s POV*

I didn’t know where I was or where I was going but I just keep running. Train after train, bus after bus; I just kept going.

I needed to get out of town, somewhere where no one would find me, not even Perri. I grabbed my bags out of the compartment and stepped off of the bus. I breathed in the fresh air and took a look around the place. It was cold, it was damp and it was a bit muddy; but from now on, it was home.

It was as far away as I could afford to get. There was no chance of anyone finding me here. I walked around the streets clutching my luggage as if my life depended on it. This was the second time in my life that I had run away so I sort of knew what I was doing.

All of a sudden, my phone started up with a loud ring. It was chess. I had dozens of missed calls from Pel and Ash, but I didn’t know that chess knew. I guess news spreads fast these days. I hesitated before picking up the phone. I didn’t talk; I just wanted to hear what she had to say.

“Gee?” she asked worriedly.

“Gee are you there?! We’ve been looking all night for you. Please come home.” Her voice started to crack. I could hear her trying to hold back the tears.

“Please, if you can hear me. Come home. We all love you so much and we can get through this together. Please Gee.” She sighed at the silent response. She hung up the phone.

Hearing loved ones cry over something that you’ve done is heartbreaking. It was all my fault. But I couldn’t help it, I had to get out of there. I locked my phone and put it back in my jean pocket. These first few weeks were going to be rough, but I had to do it.