Chapter 17

Okay, okay. I realize I was an ass for leaving such a big cliff hanger, before I leave for the weekend. So here is the next chapter. Next update will be Sunday. Hope you're enjoying the book! I leave for Greece in a couple of weeks, so I plan on having this book wrapped up before then. Have a great weekend! :)

Sitting on the steps with Sophia, she's rubbing my arms. I look down and see that I'm still wearing the dress that's covered in blood and ripped right down the center. I wrap my arms around my chest, trying to cover the big rip.

I feel a blanket being draped over me. I look up to see Aiden's saddened eyes. I quickly look away and an EMT lady walks up to me. "Ma'am, let's step inside a room, so that I can check you." The lady says. I nod and Sophia helps me stand up.

We walk towards the apartment and I brush past Aiden, not even looking at him. I hated him after what he said to me.

We walk into the apartment and I see Caleb talking to a police officer while others are down the hall picking up my fathers body. I watch, but I'm instantly pulled into the spare bathroom. The EMT lady and Sophia look at me. "I'm going to need you to undress to your bra and underwear. I need to check you." The EMT lady says.

My eyes widen, "no....I don't have a bra on." I start crying.

"Honey, I know you just went through a traumatic event. Your cousin is staying in here with you. I promise the only thing I need to do, is inspect you for broken ribs and clean your wound." She says.

I nod. Sophia takes the blanket from me and I start to take my dress off. Sophia gasps and starts balling, "oh my god!"

I look down and notice my entire chest and abdomen is covered with black and purple bruises and a long, deep cut between my breasts.

The door bursts open and I see Aiden looking around confused. Almost like he thought someone broke into the bathroom. "Get the fuck out!" I scream.

He stops and I can see guilt wash over him as he examines my body. Tears start to well up in his eyes. Sophia pushes him out.

The lady resumes examining me. "All cuts and bruises seem to be superficial. Your wrist is fractured, but you're pretty lucky Ms. Thompson. Let me just clean up this cut and bandage your wrist and you should be good to go." She says.

She turns and looks at Sophia, "why don't you get some clothes for her, so she doesn't have to walk out of here with a blood covered dress."

Sophia nods and steps out of the bathroom.

Sophia's POV

Oh my god. Mia's body looks so bad. I start crying thinking about all of the bruising on her.

I walk past Caleb and Aiden talking to the Police. I go to walk into her bedroom and notice they had taken all of the bodies, but there was still a ton of blood. A police officer stops me, "miss, it's a crime scene, I can't let you in there."

A detective walks up. I turn and look at her, "my friend needs clothing. Can I please pack a bag for her?" The detective nods and hands me gloves. She walks into the bedroom with me.

"Put the gloves on and don't touch anything besides her clothes in the closet. You may go into the bathroom and grab what is needed. It doesn't look like the struggle happened in there." She says.

I nod putting the gloves on and walk into Mia's closet, packing clothing in a bag. She can figure it out later. I grab her pajamas and sweats to wear now.

I walk out with the detective following me. I hand the suitcase to Caleb. Aiden looks at me, "what did the EMT say?"

I look at Aiden, he's going crazy with worry. "She said that Mia's bruises and cuts are all superficial. She will be fine."