Chapter 2

Present Day 

HAMUNAPTRA - 1925

For 3000 years, men and armies fought over this land, never knowing what evil lay beneath it.

In the desert, men were shouting, preparing for war. Thousand of horsemen, all armed and ready to kill anything at their sight.

While in the other side the French Foreign Soldiers were preparing through the ruins of the city for what was coming to them. 

The leaders of the Medjai with the other commanders were seeing everything up in the Desert Mountains.

And for 3000 years, we the Medjai, the descendants of Pharaoh's sacred bodyguards, kept watch.

Up front were the French Foreign soldiers were standing preparing to open fire, two of the front soldiers watched as their leader had run away the scene of the fight, like a coward he was.

"You just got promoted," said Beni one of the soldiers to O'Connell, now the new Colonel.

As all the horsemen were getting near and shouting, O'Connell shouted to his men to get ready in their positions.

"Steady!" Shouted O'Connell.  "You're with me on this one, right?" said again O'Connell to his friend Beni.

With a nervous laugh Beni said, "Your strength gives me strength."

"Steady!" Shouted again O'Connell.

But without a second though and too scare to fight Beni had pull his gun away and started running away from the fight.

"Wait! Wait for me!" Screamed Beni to the other guy who had run away from the beginning.

O'Connell not believing what Beni had just done, he went back into his position and shouted again,

"Steady!"

Just as the horsemen were close enough O'Connell finally said,

"Fire!"

It was all chaos around them, many horsemen were getting killed, but still it was not enough. All of the French soldiers were getting kill by the second.

O'Connell trying to kill anything that was coming his way, came to realize that it was still not enough, but kept fighting while trying to take cover.

"Run, Beni! Run!" , "Get inside! Get inside!"  Said O'Connell so they could hide inside the Temple.

But Beni had other plans, as he got inside the Temple he started to push on the heavy sandstone door.

"Hey! Don't you close that door!" said O'Connell when he saw that Beni was going to close it without him getting inside.

"Don't you close that door!" scream again O'Connell as he tries to run faster so he could get to safety. But Beni did not listen as he saw that behind O'Connell there was three horsemen right behind him and closed the door.

O'Connell trying to run for his life and dodging as many bullets as he could.

Desperate and scare O'Connell had run not knowing in what direction he was going, he was just trying to find a place where he could be safe, but in matter of second he was surrounded by the Arabian people. He turned around and faces them, ready to accept whatever fate was coming for him.

However, what O'Connell fail to notice is that behind him was the statue of Anubis.

The horsemen ready to shoot, scents the Evil presence. They tried to back away as fast as they could, scared out of their minds had ran away.

O'Connell confused as to why they had not killed him yet, he turned around again to see what had scared them, but he could of have sworn he could hear a voice whispering an Ancient language. But before he could do anything there was sand exploding all around him forming a face screaming.

Scare and running into the desert O'Connell looked up and saw a group of horsemen watching him. Not letting them make any decision he had turned around and kept running into the desert.