Chapter 7

Trade market - Day

After a long walk O'Connell, the three siblings, and the Warden made it into the market to get their transportation to Hamunaptra. When the local ladies saw the stated Sophie and Evelyn were, they took them into their camp and change their clothes for a beautiful and drier ones.

Later that day Jonathan was having a discussion with a man that wanted to sell him the camel in a very high price. Until O'Connell got impatient about it and said, "Will you just pay the man?" said half asking and half commanding.

"I can't believe the price of this hags!" said Jonathan already mad for spending that amount of many only in the Camels.

"You probably could have got it for free... you just need to give him one of your sisters," said O'Connell.

Jonathan laughs at the comment and reply, "Awfully tempting wasn't it?"

O'Connell looked up to reply but stop as he saw Sophie walking towards them. Forgetting what he was about to say could only stare at Sophie and the beautiful dress she was wearing. Half of her face cover with a black veil and her hair lose and curly.

In the desert - Day

Now already in the middle of the desert with the Sun right above the heads and the heat so intense that they just wanted to get to Hamunaptra.

"I never really liked Camels," Jonathan complaints for the 100th time. Sophie already mad at his brother she just wanted him to shut up for a second and the Warden wasn't helping at all either, as the nasty fellow was trying to get the flies to get away from him.

"Filthy burgers, they smell, they bite, and they spit. Disgusting," complain again Jonathan.

Evie turned around to looked at her brother but the sight that she got was not pretty at all, as she saw the Warden spiting and picking his green teeth with a sharp bone of a Chicken leg.

"Yes disgusting," said Evelyn.

"Well I think they are very adorable," reply Sophie and tried to change the subject of conversation, so there could be peace and quiet. But that did not worked as the Warden started singing and kept spiting.

Night

After a long ride into the desert it was already night and everybody was sleeping except for O'Connell and Sophie.

Sophie yawn trying to keep herself awake and move next to O'Connell.

"So... What is your story?" ask O'Connell.

Sophie looked at O'Connell and not getting his question she asks, "What do you mean Mr. O'Connell?"

"Well, since the incident on the boat and how you throw that knife at that guy. I started to wonder what was your story," O'Connell reply and looked into Sophie's eyes.

This made Sophie remember something that she would like to let it be in the past, as she was not proud of the things she had done a few years back. O'Connell recognize the same looked in her eyes, showing again, it was sadness.

"How about we leave that story for another time," Sophie reply and made her Camel slow down and get back where the others were.

O'Connell not understanding why she was so mysterious when it came to talk about her past and not wanting to upset her any further let the conversation go.

Sophie on the other hand was trying not to get herself overworked as the guilt that she felt in her heart weighted too much.

A few hours passed and Sophie finally fell asleep; her camel was increasing his pace just a little making her be next to O'Connell once again. O'Connell turned around and his heart not knowing why skipped a beat when he saw Sophie's sleeping face, he did not knew why but deep in his heart knew that this lady will change his life forever.