Chapter 3

-Avril's POV-

I hugged all the guys, before pulling my helmet on, and starting my motorcycle up. I was supposed to lead the entire Nightshade pack to Moon Bane territory, on my bike.

Okay, Av, don't flip out when you get home. You get off a few miles away, and have one of the boys ride the Yamaha, while you change. They'll never know it was you.

I pulled my bike to a stop, taking off my helmet. Immediately, Gage was at my side, taking my helmet. Gage was going to follow me as I lead the rest of the way as my wolf. My pack will never know its me, since I never showed them my wolf.

"I'll be in front, just follow me, and I don't want to be road kill, so watch it." I growl playfully, planting a sloppy kiss on his cheek, my lip ring scraping his cheek. The guys were all like my brothers now, so, that's what they are; my legal family. I hid behind a tree, shedding my clothes, and changing into my all white wolf.

I held my clothes in my mouth, trotting up to Gage, who had my backpack open. He took the clothes, putting them in the backpack. I nuzzled his leg, before taking off running towards the pack house.

-Landon's POV- (New POV, Yay!)

I sat at my desk, my head in my hands. I recalled the day, two years ago, when I found my mate. And rejected her.

****

Aden and I leaned on the car, a crowd of pack members talking to us. Avril walked over to us, her pretty head down, so no one could bother her. Without looking, she went towards the backseat, but bumped into me.

Mate! My wolf cheered, and I'm pretty sure hers did too. I had found out this morning, when I first saw her, but she didn't know. She froze, looking up at the person she had brushed past.

Please no, not here. Not in front of the pack. I thought. They can't know shes my mate. I'd be the laughingstock of the town.

My eyes widened, fear taking over my face, which I had to quickly mask with disgust. I could tell Avril's wolf took over.. She controlled Avril's body, turning her head to me.

"Mate." She purred at me. The sound filled my insides with heat, and pleasure. Something I never thought I'd feel before today.

I continued to look disgusted, as the group just laughed at her.

I need to lie, to say something that will keep her from continuing on about how shes my mate. I can't have this conversation here. It'll ruin my reputation. I thought.

"You're not my mate. Why would an ugly, stupid, fat nerd be my mate? Stop making things up, it only makes you look worse." I growled, my eyes turning a gold. Usually, she would have shrunk back at the alpha glare, but her wolf stood her ground.

"You are my mate, you idiot. Stop lying! I can feel it!" She growled back at me

I need to get through to her, or force her into the car. NO ONE can know the Omega is my mate, my Luna. I thought, my wolf purring at the words My Luna.

"Get in the car, before I make you shut up." I growled. Her wolf allowed her control again, so she walked, her head hung, to the back door, before sliding in.

****

"I was such an ass to her!" I growled, my fist hitting the desk hard enough to break a human's hand. "And now she's gone. My Luna, gone, dead, AWOL. Anyone I hire, can't find her."

I buried my head in my arms, holding back tears. A knock made me look up, sniffling. In the doorway, stood my Beta, Aden. Her brother.

"Alpha, the Nightshade pack has arrived. Alpha Gage requests your presence." Aden said, bowing.