Chapter 19

-Shane's POV- (New POV)

I sighed, as I was sprawled out on the couch, channel surfing on the TV. It was so boring without Avril or Gage. After Landon marked Avril, Gage basically rejected Avril as a friend, and often goes for runs in the woods. I still hear his thoughts, since he's my alpha, but he kicked Avril out of Nightshade. I miss the times before we came to this god damned place. I hung my head, trying to contact Gage.

Gage? I called.

I was rewarded with silence. I tried prying into his mind, to hear his train of thought, his wolf's thoughts, anything. But it was like Gage didn't exist.

GAGE?! I practically screamed.

By now, I was panicked. Nightshade was down one Alpha, and from there its going to be chaos. I jumped up from the couch, racing up the stairs, towards Avril's room. I pounded on the door. No answer. In a panic, I pushed the door open, and froze. I am such an idiot! The room was empty, not even furniture left in the room. I completely forgot Landon and Avril share a bedroom!

They've only been mated for 2 and a half months. My wolf said, in a sarcastic voice. Go to their room.

I took off sprinting towards Landon's room, shoving past random Moon Bane members, to get to Landon's room. I pounded on the door, not wanting to walk in on them making out, or worse. Before I could pound on the door three times, Avril opened up, red heart shaped sunglasses covering her eyes.

"Gage...He's gone. He contacts me every morning telling me where he is, but I don't hear him. Its like he's dead." I said in a rush.

Avril's eyes teared up.

"Can you...C-can you g-give me a minute?" She said, blinking away tears. I swooped her into a quick hug.

"Avs, don't cry. We'll find him." I said, before letting her go.

Avril shook her head.

"I can't go with you. He hates me. He'll run away." She sobbed.

I nodded.

"Okay." I said, before rushing off to form a search party. I'm going to find Gage, and give him hell about tearing Avril apart like that.

-Landon's POV-

After Avril closed the bedroom door, I noticed the tears in her eyes. My wolf growled, as I rushed over to her. Had someone hurt her? My wolf was ready to tear the person who made her cry limb from limb.

"Are you okay? Whats wrong?" I asked her, worry etched into my voice.

"Gage is missing." She said, wiping at her eyes.

"But, wasn't he missing since the day we mated?" I asked, confused. Last time I checked, Gage was always missing. He was avoiding everyone, after all.

"No. He'd keep a mind link with the boys, but now they can't even hear his thoughts. Its like he's dead." She said.

"Its okay. They'll find them. Gage will be back." I told her.

Avril nodded, still furiously drying her eyes. I hated to see her like this. I swooped her into a hug, being careful of her baby bump. I can't believe she's been pregnant for 8 weeks! I can't believe on her birthday, we learned about our little pup! And pretty soon, we'll know whether its a baby boy, or girl!

"Wait..Today is Sunday, right?" Avril said, as if my thoughts surfaced her question.

"Yeah, why?" I asked her, letting go and nodding.

"Its officially been nine weeks. I completely forgot!" Avril said.

My wolf barked happily, the image of him wagging his tail making its way to my mind. Avril stifled her laughter, as she pulled me downstairs, towards my office.

Ever since I took her there, I can't get her out. My office is basically a cross between an office, library, and computer room.

She closed the door, giving me an expectant look.

"You do realize you made me schedule that thing with the wolf hospital? I don't remember when and which doctor I was scheduled with. Can you pull it up for me?" She fluttered her eyelashes at me.

I nodded, pulling her over to my personal computer. After logging in, I opened up the hospital files, and scanned through the scheduled appointments. And froze.

"Um...Avril. We've got a problem." I said, looking at her.

-Avril's POV-

"What do you mean we have a problem?" I asked Landon, trying to look at the screen. Landon moved his head, giving me a perfect view of the screen.

____________________________________________________________________

Patient: Adele, Avril

Scheduled Appointment Type: Fetus Heartbeat and Ultrasound

Doctor: Faye, Alice

Scheduled Date: Tuesday, June 20th, 11:45 AM.

____________________________________________________________________

"Aw, crap." I cursed under my breath. That's just my luck. I scheduled my ultrasound appointment with my mother as my doctor. I am so dead.

***************************************************************************************************

Well, This Chapter's not really eventful, but I wanted to get this part out there. So, the elusive mother of Avril and Aden Faye has finally made an appearance. How do you think she'll react if she finds out her daughter is not only alive, but in town, mated to the Alpha of Moon Bane, AND pregnant?

Like it? Dislike it? Love it? Hate it?

Vote...

Comment...

Fan...