Chapter 18

-Landon's POV-

I pecked Avril's lips when she awoke. She smiled, snaking her arms around my neck, and pecking my lips again.

"Good morning." I greeted with a slight smile.

She mimicked my words, before pushing away from me. I was caught off guard at the sight of her abdomen. A small bump was visible on her. How long was she pregnant before she suspected it? As if she heard me, she looked at me.

"I started feeling sick two weeks after we mated. That would make this four weeks, er, a month." She said.

Werewolf pregnancies last shorter than human ones. Instead of 40 weeks of a pregnancy, females are pregnant for 20 weeks. That means in 16 weeks, I'd have a baby boy or girl, perhaps twins. In 5 weeks, we'd be able to go find out the gender, and see the ultrasound. Of course, we'd have to go to a wolf hospital to see, since sometimes werewolf babies are born in their wolf forms. Wouldn't want to freak out some poor humans, now would we?

"Oh. That means in five weeks we'll know the gender." I said happily, a smile playing at my lips.

Avril changed into a slightly oversized Neon Trees tee shirt, and black skinny jeans, before throwing her hair into a bun. She then turned to me, as she put on red heart shaped sunglasses.

"Out of the bed. The pregnant girl was up before you. That makes you lazy." Avril stuck her tongue at me.

I shrugged, rolling out of bed, before pulling on pants and a plain blue shirt.

"We'll talk about the baby later. But we need to tell Aden before he figures it out and kills me." I said, pointing a finger at her. Avril only shrugged, before leading me out of our room. Once downstairs, I saw Aden, watching some sort of cartoon.

Now or never. He's gotta know. Avril said.

"Aden, can we talk to you?" Avril asked, squeezing my hand for support. I couldn't blame her. I was terrified too. Aden was going to be the first to know. He looked up at us, offering us a shy smile.

"Yeah sure, come sit down." Aden said, motioning us over. I turned to Avril, who offered me a smile, before walking over and plunking down onto the couch, next to Aden.

"Whatcha gotta say?" Aden asked us.

Avril's bottom lip trembled as she spoke. "U-um...Aden, you can't tell anyone about what we tell you. Y-you're going to be the first to know. K-kay?"

Aden raised an eyebrow, but nodded anyways.

"Well, Aden...Um.." I said, looking to Avril for help.

-Avril's POV-

"I'm pregnant." I blurted, looking Aden straight in the eyes.

At first, Aden just sat there, a blank expression on his face. Then his face contorted into anger. He lunged at Landon, both of them landing to the floor.

"You knocked my sister up?! When? Tell me when, I don't care who you are, but I won't allow this!" Aden yelled at Landon.

"I found out on my birthday, Aden. Plus, Landon's my mate. It was going to happen some time or another." I said, pulling Aden off of Landon, and fluttering my eyelashes.

Aden is a sucker for the fluttering eyelashes.Aden groaned, running a hand through his hair.

"Fine." Aden walked off, leaving me to stare at Landon, who was still on the ground.

"Well," I said. "That went better than I expected."

-Gage's POV-

I miss Avril.

Its been...1 month, 2 weeks, 3 days, 2 hours, 22..23..24..25 seconds since Avril chose Landon over me. And I haven't seen her since then. I've been out in the woods often, or in town, trying to avoid her. Every time I see her, with Landon's mark, my heart shatters. She may not be my mate, (my real mate died before I could meet her) but I always wished she was my mate. I was in love with her the moment I saw her, though then, we only texted and emailed each other. We didn't know much about one another, but I wanted her, more than I thought possible.

I was so wrapped up in my thoughts, I didn't notice the person behind me until too late.

"What are you doing here?" A male voice growled.

I gave a humorless laugh, thinking it was one of the Moon Bane wolves who didn't recognize me. "Where have you been? The alpha of your pack's letting my pack stay here. You are from Moon Bane, right?" I said.

The man growled. "You Alpha Gage?" He asked me.

I nodded. "Yeah, why?" I asked.

Before I could blink the man tackled me from behind, causing me to fall. I knocked my head on a rock, before everything went dark.

-Alpha's POV-

One of my scouts dragged in a boy about my age, who was unconsious. He had platinum blond hair, which fell into his gray eyes. His skin was tan, but pale compared to mine. He seemed familiar, yet not at the same time.

"Whose this?" I snapped. And then it hit me. Could this be him, Alpha Landon? The boy who stole my Luna?

"Alpha Gage. I found him in the woods, too close to the shack. He could make a good bargaining chip, if she isn't willing." The scout said with a toothy grin. He dropped the boy, Gage, to the ground, before bowing.

"I am sorry to bother you. That was all." He said.

I scratched my head, looking at the boy. My scout was right, he would make a good bargaining chip.

"Take him to the main base, and throw him in an empty cell. You're dismissed." I said, before turning away.

The scout responded with a "yes, Alpha," and heaved the boy up, walking out. When I was sure the door was closed, I collapsed into the chair. Finally, After all this waiting, my plan will soon come together.

*******************************************************************************************

No, Gage, No! So, for those who were wondering what happened to Gage, well, theres your answer. Picture on the side is of Landon>>>

Also, Baby Names anyone?

Like it? Dislike it? Love it? Hate it?

Vote...

Comment...

Fan...