The Past

I stared at Nicole as she walked out.
"What's all the commotion I've heard?" Someone asked me from behind.
I turned and found Rafael scratching the back of his head, "Oh, hey, Arf-Arf." I said teasingly since he can hear clearly even if he's far away.
"Stop it." He says, "No, but seriously. What happened?"
"I just told Nicole to say 'I love you' to me for fun." I said innocently.
"Oh." Rafael says quietly then leans on the wall, "After what Nicolewent through, I doubt she'll say those words to anyone again."
"Why? What happened to her?" I asked, my heart beating fast nervously.
"Six months ago, she had a liking on someone. That boy asked Nicole for her help in courting his crush. The boy and the girl that he's courting became together. Nicole started to distance herself from them. The boy and his girl had this argument and the boy went to Nicole. Asking her this, 'What can I do to return everything back to normal?'. Nicole was happy at that time thinking that he also liked her. So she said the three words and eight letters to him. In short, she said 'I love you' to him. But as it turns out, he was talking about his girlfriend. The boy was grossed out with her and left her crying." Rafael explains.
So that's why Nicole was so angry. Someone told her she was gross right at her face. Who wouldn't cry, right? I stomped my foot angrily and asked in a serious ans angry tone, "Who's the guy?"
"Blake Morrison." Rafael says, "But don't do anything bad to him, okay?"
I nodded.
"Promise me." He says.
"I promise." I said and walked away.