The Surprise

Everything was ready. The balloons, the banner, everything! One thing is left: Nicole.
As I entered the classroom, girls screamed with glee, as always. I stood in front of the class and they went quiet. Nicole was sitting on her usual spot, reading a book. I called her, "Nicole."
She looked at me with a neutral expression and sighed. She closes her book before she answers, "What do you want, EAAB?"
"I just want you to know that I won't be like Blake Morrison. In fact, I will never be like him." I say in a stern tone, "You're right. Love isn't a game to be played by stupid idiots like me. But doesn't it hurt more when you know you love someone and you give the best you've got but they just run away from you?"
Nicole's face was all red and her eyes were wide with shock. She finally noticed that I wasn't joking around.
"It's because it's true, Nicole. I..." I started saying. My hand was on my chest and I can feel my heart beating faster and faster. What if she says no? What if she runs away? Negative thoughts spread like wildfire in my head. I told myself to calm down. I took a deep breath and said, "I LOVE YOU, NICOLE SAPPHIRE! I WILL FOLLOW YOU AND IF WE BOTH GO MISSING I WON'T CARE! I'LL NEVER STOP LOVING YOU EVEN IF MY HEART STOPS BEATING! I'M NEVER GOING TO QUIT EVEN IF MY LEGS STOP KICKING! I'M NEVER LETTING GO EVEN IF MY LUNGS STOP BREATHING!"
I stood there, waiting for an answer.
Finally, Nicole stood up while looking down. Oh no, she's walking out. Did I say something wrong? Did my mouth smell foul? Did my deodorant fail me?
Nicole took in a deep breath, "I love you, too, Vincent Valentine!"
My heart skiipped a beat. Unconsciouly, I ran to Nicole and hugged her tightly. "This is the first time you ever called me by my name." I said while hugging her.
"I know." She says.
I hugged her tightly and broke away when I remembered something, "Oh, I nearly forgot." I held her hand and ran out the of the classroom to the garden where everything was ready with a banner which says "I'm glowing when I'm with you."
I told Nicole to wait inside the garden while I fetched the necklace and the boquet of red roses. Only three were different. They were white.
I handed her the bouquet and smiled, "I love you.""

"I love you, too." She replied.

"Oh, there's one last thing." I searched my pockets and pulled out a necklace with a broken heart on it. "This symbolizes my love for you." I say before I wore it around her neck.

"Why a broken heart?" She asks.

"Because my heart is broken without you." I say.

"Stop being such a bastard." Nicole says.

I pulled out my necklace from under my shirt and showed it to her, "See? We're a pair."

"What happened to your hand?" Nicole inspects my hand.

I flinched, "I sort of fell..."

She tightens her grip on my hand with a grumpy face.

"Ouch!" I flinched, "Fine..! I beat up Blake Morrison."

"What? You didn't have to do that!' She says.

"I did it to protect so that he won't ever bother you anymore." I said and hugged her. She whispered a silent "Thank you" as we sang her favorite song entitled "Glowing". From that day on, every time we hung out we sang it or play it with my guitar.