Confessions

(Megan shown above)

Chapter 1

"Megan I like you." Were the words my close friend Tyler said to me that hot July afternoon at Millie's Yogurt shop. I choked on my yogurt in response to hearing him say that. I've liked him for what, like 3 years? And us now about to be juniors in high school, knowing he likes me should make this school year great.

"Wait what?" I said getting myself together after choking on the yogurt I tried to stuff down my throat. "Hah oh Megan, I said I like you. Its been for a while now and I just needed to tell you." He said grinning and looking down on the ground. "Well in that case..I like you too." I said staring shyly at the ground.

"Really? For how long?" He asked eagerly shooting his gaze up to me. "Well like maybe since Freshmen year." I said looking away again. "Wow this is great." Just then his phone rang. He looked at it and smiled brightly. "Look I've got to go but I'll call you later." He got up and gave me a hug. "Okay bye." I said hugging him back.

This is going to be great! Tyler will be my first boyfriend, this school year will be awesome, and I'll see him everyday, I thought as I got up from the booth and walked out the yogurt shop. I walked back to my house which was pretty close to the yogurt shop, and ran up to my room. I hopped on my bed and dialed my best friend Danielle's number.

"Danie guess what?!?" I screamed into the phone. "I told you not to call me that, and what Justin Bieber died?" she asked hopefully. For some reason she hates his guts. I like his music though but I'm not such a fan of him. "No, Tyler likes me!!" I squealed into the phone. "Really? Omg congrats girlie!! He told you himself?"

"Yep, he invited me to the yogurt shop and confessed and I confessed back." I said smiling ear to ear.

"I'm coming over." she said before hanging up.

I skipped around my bedroom kissing all my posters, dancing with all my teddy bears, and blasting music through my speakers. Until my moms voice echoed through the hall. "Turn down that damn music, and Danielle's coming up!" she yelled up the stairs. I turned my music down by like one, and started kissing my posters again.

"You and your ChrisBrowneosis" said Danielle's voice. "Its OCCBD, ChrisBrowneosis doesn't exsist. Silly Danielle." I corrected her. "Whatever anyway, so tell me everything!" she said flopping onto my bean bag chair on the ground. "Well he invited me for yogurt, we ate the yogurt, then he confessed, then I confessed, then he got a phone call and had to leave." I stated simply.

"A phone call? From who?" she asked curiously. "I don't know, but he smiled when he saw who it was." I said. "Hmm interesting." She thought out loud. "How is that interesting?" I asked her. "Well he gets a phone call, smiles, then all of a sudden has to go when he just confessed his feelings for you."

"True but-"

"But nothing I'm keeping my eye on him."

"Whatever Danielle you're so paranoid." I laughed.

"Sure I am."

•••••••

I spent the rest of the day hanging out with Danielle before her mom called her back home. I got into bed ready to go and dream about my future first relationship with Tyler, when my phone buzzed alerting me I got a text.

Tyler: Hey.

Me: Hi.

Tyler: So I was gonna ask you something but I'm not sure if I should.

Me: Go ahead Im all ears.

Tyler: Nah I'll text you tomorrow though it's getting late.

Me: Ok lol goodnite.

Tyler: Nite

Well that was weird, what was the point of texting me if you were just gonna leave anyway? Anyway I drifted off to sleep awaiting the next day.

The next day I woke up to the sound of pans being banged together, then felt water being splashed against my face.

"WAKE UP ITS 1:00 PM! WHO SLEEPS THAT LONG?!" I heard my mom yell. "Mom it's summer break, shouldn't I be allowed to sleep?" I mumbled into my pillow.

"Not all the way till 1 in the afternoon! You need to be productive!" she yelled yanking me out of bed.

"Moooommm!" I yelled as I flew to the carpet. Ow. And with that she left the room. This is our typical morning routine, for school its worse.

I got out of bed, or should I say off the floor, tiredly walking into my bathroom. I showered, brushed my teeth, and did my hair, putting on a pair of faded black high top shorts and a red Last Kings t-shirt. I walked downstairs grabbing a pancake off some plate in the kitchen since I missed breakfast, and walked out the door to Danielle's house. I rang the doorbell even though I don't really need to, and waited for someone to answer. Danielle came and got it less than a minute later.

"Hey you ready to go?" I asked.

"Yep." Danielle and I were headed to the fair since it was in town for two weeks, to meet up with some of our other friends. Once we got there we wondered through the park looking for our friends Veronica and Mina. As we walked through the park, I saw something I wish I didn't.

Tyler and his "ex-girlfriend" Lilly making out on a bench. "What the fuck." Danielle said once she saw what I saw. "Ooh I'm gonna beat his ass." Danielle swore through gritted teeth. "Danielle, chill I got this." I said walking up to them.

"Um Tyler?" I said tapping his shoulder.

"Oh hey Meg." he said looking at me awkwardly.

"Can I talk to you real quick. In private?"

"Um yeah sure." he said getting up.

We walked over to another bench near the popcorn stand.

"I thought you said you liked me?" I asked feeling hurt and confused.

"I do, it's just that Lilly wanted to get back together."

"Oh okay." I said looking down.

"You're not mad right?"

"No not at all." I lied.

"Thanks see ya later." he said walking back over to Lilly and Danielle, as Danielle walked right past him to me.

"What happened?" Danielle asked obviously worried. "He's going out with her again." I said rolling my eyes. "What?! You okay? Want me to beat his ass for you? I'll get my brothers?" she has about 5 other brothers. "No no, let's just have fun." I said standing up. "You sure? We can go back ho-"

"No I'm fine let's find Veronica and Mina."

We found Veronica and Mina, and we all went around the park going on rides, playing games, eating and taking photos. The whole time I masked my expression with a fake smile. Once I got home I went straight up to my room changed out if my clothes and into my older brothers t-shirt. After getting ready for bed then getting into bed, I turned on my phone and the first thing that showed up was my last convo with Tyler.

I wont cry.

Crying over boys is stupid.

He's a dick.

I wont cry over him.

It's my fault for thinking too far.

But he played with my feelings.

My sadness turned to anger at the last thought. He made me believe we were actually going to go out, then dumped me once his stupid ex-girlfriend came crawling back.

That's when I thought of the master plan. I'll have him begging on his knees for me, just watch, I thought with a smirk planted right on my face. This will be fun.