CHAPTER FOUR

*SKIP TILL THE DAY OF FLIGHT*

I woke up a little late in the morning. This morning wasn't like other's, I was overjoyed to wake up. I didn't force myself to get up like my usual mornings. Today was a big day. Thinking that I'll be at LA by tomorrow night gave me butterflies. I didn't feel like this for a very long time and I was dying to feel like this again.
Nothing much happened in the last few weeks. It was the end of our second year at our University, so we pretty much got the whole week off. I also left the job at the cafe and that was probably the best thing I did. My boss was the worst boss ever. He made us work more than we should and paid us very less. Which reminds me of a very important work I still have to do. Since, I didn't have enough money so I came up with some other way to get the money.
My flight was at 8pm and right now it was 8 in the morning, so I had a lot of time. I ordered my breakfast as I didn't feel like making it myself. The rest of the day I was just packing my bag and dreaming what it would be like to meet Harry in person. I won't lie, it made me nervous more than excited. Suddenly, I heard a beep and looked out. It was Diksha.
Oh yeah, about her. Surprisingly, she was the one to come and apologize to me about what had happened the other day at the mall. And I was actually over it by then, we fought about something so small. Our behavior was rather very childish, I am very glad we got over it.
"Oi, what are you doing? Don't you have a flight to catch?" She snapped me out of my thoughts.
I was pretty confused at that. So, I checked the time.
"Shit! It's already 6", I choked.
"Yes Miss Styles, now go get ready" she shouted.
Thankfully I had already decided what to wear and I was all done with my packing. So I quickly put on a pair of black Levi's and threw white cropped top that read "Buy me food". Next, I put on some eye liner, maskara and tied my hair into a messy bun. I wore by converse and rushed downstairs to meet my dear best friend.
"Woah, good luck to Mr. Styles. It'll be a hard time for him to keep his eyes off you." she said with a smirk.
"Shut up and drive. We're late." I said trying to hide my face which turned as red as a tomato.
"Yeah right, I was the one to be late" she said sarcastically.
"Start driving, will you?" I snapped.

...

We were almost there. It would hardly ake us 15 more mins to reach the airport. I saw the time, it was 6:55pm. I didn't really have much time but I had this very important work to do, so I asked Diksha to pull over near a jewelry shop.
"Just wait here, I'll be back in 10 mins" I said to Diksha and ran before she could ask anything.
"How can I help you?" I heard a see lady asking me with a smile.
"Umm, I wanted to sell something" I replied with a smile.
"Oh, it is this way" she said as she walked towards a counter. I followed her.
"So, what do you want to sell?" She asked me once she went to the other side of the counter.
I took out a gold chain with a rose pendent which was also made of gold. It was the first thing that I bought with my own money. I never thought I would sell it but I had no other choice. I needed money and this was the last hope.
"Here" I said as I gave her the chain.
"It is worth twelve thousand ()" she said after she was done checking and weighing the chain.
"Okay, just make it fast. I have a flight to catch" I said as I saw it was getting late.
She came back soon and handed over the money. I thanked her and rushed out of the shop.
"Wher did you go?" Diksha asked
"Nothing much, just had something to take care of. Anyeay, it's fine so let's go" I lied. Trust me I hate lying and specially to her but I knew she would be very angry and would make me buy the necklace again she she knew the truth. So it was better I didn't tell her.
We reached airport around 7:20pm. I was fine until I reached the entrance of the airport. Suddenly, I felt very scared..I had an anxiety attack!
"Hey? Are you okay?" Diksha asked worried.
"I..I..just..I can't do this", I said as I started shivering.
"What?! Oh my god Akriti, you are shivering", she said as she pulled me in a hug. "It's gonna be alright, babe. You are the bravest person I know. I know you'll manage it, it's nothing to be scared of. Now come on let's go or else you'll miss the flight"
"Yeah" I said in a low voice, still not sure about this whole idea.
This wasn't the first time I was traveling alone but this was the first time I was going traveling out of India; all alone! I took deep breaths and tried calming myself but it was of no use.
"It's okay babe! Don't be scared, you can do this. Just imagine when you'll meet Harry, you have waited your whole life for this. Don't let your fear take over your moment!" She said
"Yeah, yeah. l-I am fine." I murmured and hugged her tightly. "I'll miss you, D."
"I'll miss you too, love." she said with a warm smile.
"Also, take this" she said as she took out something which was covered with a plastic bag.
"What's this?" I asked.
"A gift" she said with another smile.
I opened my mouth to answer but she cut me off.
"No, I won't hear a no from you. I know you don't like taking gifts but please, this is important."
"Fine" I said as I hugged her the last time and then I turned and made my way.
Soon, I boarded my flight. I quickly found my seat and took out my phone. I had to leave a message to Hélène before the flight took off.
"Hey! I boarded my flight. I'll be there by tomorrow night. I just want a small favor, I swear this is the last one. Could you just text me the address of a small hotel? Nothing expensive, I don't have that much money to afford a 5 start. Just a safe and clean place where my belongings will be safe. Thank you :) "
I turned on the plane more and plugged in my ear plugs. My journey started with the last announcement by the air hostess. Here I come LA!

*Next morning*

I woke up as the sunlight touched my face. I looked out, it was beautiful. There were clouds all over. The sun was warm, bright and beautiful. I am not very sure where I was but It felt like heaven.

*At night, before landing*

We were about to land in about half an hour. I looked through my window, it looked so beautiful. There were lights all over, I have never seen something this beautiful.

"Wait until you see Harry" I thought to myself and let out a small laugh.

Shortly after, the plane landed. I took all my hand bag and walked out of the flight. I quickly switched on my phone to see Hélène's reply. It read -
"No problem, I'll take you there. Here's my number 98**********1. Call me when you reach here, I'll be waiting outside the airport."
I quickly collectex my main luggage from the respective belt and headed towards the exit. I took out my phone so that I could call her but I already spotted her waving at me.
"Heyyy!" I smiled as I ran towards her.
"Hey! How was your flight?" She hugged me.
"It was great! This place is so beautiful, it looked to magical from up there." I said.
"Of course, it is. You haven't seen anything yet, I'll show you everything." She said excitedly.
"Sure but I am so sorry for troubling you so much. You know, it wasn't necessary for you to come. I would have booked a cab till the hotel" I said feeling guilty.
"Oh please! You're my guest. It's my duty to see if you are comfortable or not. Now come, let's go. It's really cold outside." she said as she started walking. I followed her till her car.

...

We reached my hotel; well, to be honest it looked more like someone's house.
"Is this a hotel? It looks more like someone's house" I asked confused.
"Yeah, it's my house. Come on, now." she said smiling widely.
"What?! No! No! I have been a pain in your ass a lot, I can't trouble you anymore" I said feeling really guilty.
"Don't be stupid! I told you, you're my guest. Moreover, every hotel, restaurant is booked this while week. It's Christmas after all!" She explained.
"Shit! I am such a fool" I said feeling really embarrassed.
"Oh please! Stop with this formality and come in. I'll be more than happy to have you" she said smiling widely.
"Thank you" I mumbled, still feeling embarrassed.
It was very warm inside her house, it felt very good. It was very cold outside, I have never felt so cold. Back in India, it's mostly hot so I not very used to this kind of cold.
"Make yourself comfortable."
"I will" I assured her.
She showed me my room. I settled my stuff and took a small bath. Then, changed into sweat pants and a loose grey panda print sweater. I remembered Diksha asked me to inform her when I reach LA. So I pulled out my phone and texted her that I reached LA and was staying with Hélène. Then I plugged my phone to the charger since i had only 9% felt. Now that all my stuff where settled and I felt comfortable, I went downstairs where Helene was waiting for me.

...

Hey guys!
I am sure you must be thinking when the hell is Harry coming but don't worry! Because he's entry is in the next chapter! Things are about to change! I am very excited that finally I am going to write about the chemistry between Harry and Akriti. I hope you are enjoying it so far, I am really working hard.
Please feel free to inbox be with any suggestions or anything at all. It'll be great if I make some friends.
Also, please share this story with your friends. :)
Thank you so much!
I love you guys!