Prompt #3

Prompt: Can you do a prompt when Evan from Can't Even Think Straight came out to Rory. I wonder how Rory reacted, like did he already figure it out or was it news to him?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                I fidgeted nervously as I rang the doorbell. Rory’s mom answered and smiled at me cheerfully.

                “Hi Evan! Rory is in his room!” she said, waving to my dad as he backed his car out of the driveway.

                “Okay, thanks,” I said.

                “Are you okay?” she asked with a frown.

                “Stop questioning me! I’m not here to tell Rory that I’m secretly gay or anything! I’m straight as a guy can get. Totally straight,” I said defensively, hurrying past her. Thank god I was so smooth, or else she might have found out.

                I went into Rory’s bedroom. He looked at me curiously. He was sitting on his bed, watching a movie. He paused it and sat up.

                “What?” he asked. “You look…upset.”

                “Rory, I have to tell you something,” I said nervously. Was he going to abandon me forever? Sure his name was ugly, but he was my best friend.

                “What?” he repeated.

                “I, uh…Hug me first. I can’t do this until you hug me,” I said, holding my arms out. Rory was an amazing hugger, which was weird since the guy seemed to dread human contact.

                He got off of his bed and came over, hugging me. I squeezed my eyes shut tightly as I hugged him.

                He released me after a few moments. “Okay, you’re freaking me out,” he said. “What’s going on, Evan?”

                I tried to think of the best way to go about this. “Have you ever…kissed anybody?” I asked, peeking around his room in case there were secret spies listening in.

                “No,” he said. “You know that.”

                “Wow, you’re 13 and you haven’t kissed anyone? Loser,” I scoffed.

                “You’ve only kissed Lauren Regan,” he said defensively.

                “And what a mistake that was. But that’s why I’m here!” I said.

                “Why? Because of Lauren?” he asked.

                I shook my head. “No…because…BECAUSE I’M GAY RORY, OKAY, I HATED KISSING LAUREN, GIRLS ARE SO GROSS, AND I CAN’T STOP STARING AT SEBASTIAN AMSEL BECAUSE HE IS BEAUTIFUL AND I WANT HIM IN WAYS I SHOULD NOT WANT A PERSON AND JESUS JUDGES ME BUT I CAN’T HELP IT BECAUSE I THINK I’M GAY OKAY. NO, I KNOW I’M GAY.”

                I sat down miserably, burying my face in my hands. “Judge away,” I said in terror.

                “Evan, I knew,” he said.

                I looked up at him in confusion. “You knew?”

                He nodded. “Yea. Right after you kissed Lauren you had this whole outburst about how disgusting girls are and yelling about how you wanted them to be Sebastian,” he said, sitting on the edge of the bed. “It was kind of a giveaway. Plus, you’re always staring at Sebastian.”

                I jumped up and gripped his shoulders, shaking him. “YOU FREAKING KNEW? BUT I’M SO GOOD AT HIDING IT!”

                He shoved me off, scowling. “No, you’re not. And don’t touch me. God, I’m learning that the best way to deal with you is to just ignore you.”

                “I can’t believe you knew,” I said in wonder. “I’m so convincing, though! Everyone thinks I’m straight!”

                “You keep telling yourself that,” he said, patting my shoulder.

                “So you’re not judging me?” I asked nervously.

                He raised an eyebrow. “Why would I judge you? Who you have sex with is none of my business.”

                I slapped my hands over my ears, staring at him in horror. “RORY YOU DIRTY BOY. Oh my god. You said the ‘s’ word. That’s so nasty. Oh my god. KEEP YOUR INNOCENCE.”

                “Stop yelling!” he said in annoyance. “I’m just saying that I don’t care if you’re gay or straight or a transvestite or whatever. It doesn’t matter to me.” He shrugged.

                “Aw Rory you’re the best!” I cheered, hug-tackling him.

                He caught me before we could fall over and sighed. “You’re such a pain, Evan,” he said, hugging me back.

                “You and your ugly name!” I said happily, glad that had gone over well.