Chapter Six

Tensions started to rise in Prythian. With the Seven High Lords fighting about Hybern and about the last of the humans that lived in their courts. The Night Court had always opposed the idea. Humans have never have been in the court to begin with, only fae living in the most northern court.

And soon others started following after them, liberating their slaves but being able to stay in their lands.

But because of this Hybern thought they were weak. Attacking different city's and killing humans whenever they found them.

The High Lords wanted war,  they used the Humans as a reason, though Nyx knew most just wanted a fight.

So the High Lords demanded Hybern was to release the Humans they kept.

This did not happen, instead he attacked more city's and now hunting humans and killing or imprisoning them.

So the High Lords rallied their armies and with that Orin brought Nyx to the war camps for the first time in twelve years.

He went to bring Alla back to Velaris for the war fearing for her safety. Though not that he would ever tell her that.

Orin told Nyx over breakfast one day, Rhea sitting next to her.

The first emotion Nyx felt was an overwhelming feeling of excitement. Then nervousness. She hadn't seen her twin in nearly twelve years.

Rhea wanted to go with, begging her father for an hour before giving up. Instead she went and sat on Nyx's bed watching her get ready for the camp.

"We're not staying the night." Nyx said shifting through her weapons and plucking out a few of her favorites. "We should be back before dinner." She said turning to face the pouting female

"I know, I just want to see Rhys. I haven't seen him in two years." Rhea said from where she was laying like a starfish.

Nyx remembers that, Rhysand and Alla had both come to Velaris a few times since Nyx has. But each time they came Nyx was sent on longer than usual missions.

She missed them a lot but only ever complained to Rhea about not being able to see them.

Nyx ignored her best friend/lover and walked to her closet and pulling out her special mission clothing. She now had several different pairs. Three that were same and three that were slightly more decorative. Those were the ones she wore when attending meetings with Orin.

She grabbed her favorite set, a full black one with the Night Court ensemble in the center. It was lined with silver but at the same time also had many hiding places like her mission ones.

Nyx got dressed in it listening to Rhea whine some more and laughing at the girl a little.

But soon the nervousness was back. Standing next to Orin her shoulders back and head high.

It would be the first time she steeped foot back in that camp.

Orin nodded at her and she slipped into the shadows while he winnowed away.

They appeared next to each other and several feet in front of them stood Lord Devlon. She watched as his eyes scanned her body and a small look of distaste showed on his face. And Nyx just smirked at that her wings expanding slightly, almost showing off how they were not clipped nor ever will be.

Nyx decided that with her black clothing she would also wear her more flashy weapons. Two daggers sat on her waist, gold matching handles with a large ruby on the hilt. Rhea bought them for her. On her back she wore two short swords that were crossed. The harness that held them designed especially for her wings so they wouldn't make it hard to fly. She had another small knife on each ankle tucked securely in her boots.