Chapter Fourteen

It was a few days after Feyre and Rhys went to the Bone Carver. Feyre was understandably shaken after visiting him.

The information that they received from him, made Nyx excited. But Rhysand insisting Feyre had to go to the Weaver to practice was bullshit to everyone standing in the room. And Nyx kinda wanted to see how it turned out.

Nyx had seen the Weaver a few times, once when Orin had needed something from the old hag. She brought the Weaver a few animals as a trade. Then Alla needed to go for some reason. She never told Nyx but her shadows said something about a ring. Nyx escorted Alla to the small cabin after Orin ordered her too. Again bringing alive animals for the female this time. The noise the lambs made were something Nyx couldn't get out of her head to this day.

Who should remain unbothered-" Azriel was saying which was very good advice that Rhysand nor Feyre would listen too. Nyx could already see the fire behind her eyes and knew Feyre would go and come out alive. They really were made for each other, she mused to herself dropping out of the conversation just to study Rhysand and Feyre.

They were the exact opposites in looks but their souls both burned brighter than many others. She could feel them when she thought hard enough, feel everyone in the rooms life force. It's not a something that's uncommon for Shadowsingers to be able to do but neither Nyx or Azriel knew why they were able to see past the real world. They attributed most to the shadows like they normally do.

Nyx was forcibly brought back from day dreaming when her shadows started to act up.

Emissary,

500 years since Victor Soln was the last Emmisary to the Night Court

He named her Emissary

She remembered Soln, he was one of the few Faes that she wasn't constantly annoyed with from Orin's Court. They often had to work together, Soln always needing new information on the courts before he ever visited. He was killed in the war when he went to Hybern as a political meeting to try and change the Kings mind about war.

She thinks he knew he wouldn't come back alive, his mate died when one of the villages was attacked. His mate died protecting the village. Nyx remembers finding his body in front of a hut filled with arrows and a dozen dead Hybern warriors around him. And when she got the story from the survivors he held off the brunt while the rest escaped through the tunnels under the house. She was the one to break the news to the emissary. But she thinks he knew all along.

Her twin once again tried to slow Rhysand from doing anything rash. Not that either of them didn't trust Feyre but she had hoped for more training than that before they throw her to the sharks. She felt Az's shadows tap her leg in agreement and she rolled her eyes and sent a shadow.

May as well just let him do whatever he wants with Feyre you know what they are and you know who she is to him.

I know, I know I just don't want him doing anything impulsive.

He's Rhysand I would worry if he wasn't doing something impulsive.

So when they were discussing where to meet with the human queens. Their shadows flourished around them suggesting places that would be neutral.

But Feyre already had the idea of hosting at her estate. In the human lands.

Distaste welled up in Nyx knowing most humans hated Fae, for a very good reason, but they still annoyed her. Both Azriel and Nyx already had informants going to the human land checking out the estate. And while they were doing that Feyre was hunting.

Nyx was going over a file labeled "Nesta" that she received from Carridwen. She was the oldest Archeron and nothing like her sister. The files were interesting to say the least.