Chapter Fifteen

When she got to her apartment she immediately went to wash herself off the sticky blood. She watched as it turned the bath a deep pink. She sat there till the water went cold then stood and let it drain watching as it all circled down the drain. Like it was never there. Before filling up the tub again.

Again Nyx sat there feeling the water cool. She scrubbed at her skin until none of the dark blood remained.

When she finally got out she stood in front of the large mirror staring at herself. Turning her head slightly she traced the tattoos at the base of the back of her neck then trailing down to the base of her back. It was of the moon cycles. She never got the Illyrian tattoos, never wanted them. But she got her first tattoo on a random night when she was only 68. Rhea was with her, both drunk out of their minds but also giddy with happiness. Rhea got a smaller one, it went down her side. Her other ones were littered over her body. Her night lily over her heart, she got it after Rhea passed. It was a flower inky found in the Night Court that bloomed one night a year.

The rest were old language Illyrian, telling her story similar to her brothers. But also differently. Their stories for the most part tell about their glory on the battle field. All three having many victories throughout their lives. Hers were more unconventional.

Nyx has a matching words with Cassian and Azriel "From the dirt I was born and rose through the blood of my enemies."

Azriel and her also shared. "Of those born in darkness, some survive, some escape, but I became it."

And then her last one. "And now, born from the ashes, she's a warrior in bloodied black."

She forgoed clothes walking to her bed. Cassian was lying in the middle. "So they sent you this time." Even to herself her voice sounded dead.

He ignored her nakedness. They have seen each other naked on many accounts. That wasn't their relationship, they have never went there and never will, "Nobody sent me, I came myself." He said before moving the covers to give Nyx space.

Walking slowly to the bed Nyx laid down next to him. She allowed him to wrap his wings around her. And she was lulled into sleep. Warm. The last thing she felt was a light kiss pressed to the back of her head before she finally rested.

Waking up Cassian was still there but now asleep. Standing she went to get dressed knowing Rhysand would need her. She put on a loose black tunic and matching pants, grabbing a pair of leathers for Cassian shaking him awake before throwing the clothes to him.

"Thank you for staying." Nyx said not looking at Cassian. Sometimes when Nyx has to do something like this one of the members would stay with her for the night. She wasn't like them, she wasn't like Azriel, she didn't feel guilty for torturing things. She stopped being affected by it a when Orin still ruled. It stopped taking a toll on her consonance. But that's what they were afraid for. They were fearful of Nyx falling so deep she wouldn't be able to come back. She used to do it with Rhea. They all knew how she got nightmares when sleeping alone. Especially after a round of torture.

"You don't have to thank me sister I would do anything for you." He told her. Nyx simply nodded to him and stared at his clothes again.

"Get dressed. I want a round." She said pointedly before going to get her weapons.

Everyone has stayed at her house more than once, so over the years she had more than enough of their clothes to the point they each have a few draws though today she made sure her and Cassian were matching.

Nyx's "War room" as Rhysand had so lovingly dubbed it had her  battle armor and weapons in it.

Her armor was displayed in the center. It was a horrible looking thing. It was gifted to Nyx from Orin. And then there was rows and Drawers filled to the brim with her weapons. Over many years she have collected a lot. But the ones she always carried on her body several small daggers. Strapping them to her body was second nature at this point.