Michael Learns Eli and Matthew are Dating

The moment Matthew walked into the currently empty shop with a smile and a look in his eye that promised much teasing for Eli, Michael should have known there would be trouble. Especially when Eli seemed to brace himself for what was coming, before deciding that it was a better choice to flee.

"And where do you think you're going?" Michael asked Eli, pulling on the back strap of the redhead's apron before he could make his escape.

"To restock the cups?"

Michael nearly laughed at the uncertainty in Eli's voice and the desperation in his eyes. Maybe if he didn't like annoying Eli so much he would have let him go. Then again, Eli was as much of a dick as he was, so Michael felt no remorse as he smiled down at him.

"Why don't I get them? You go ahead and help out Matthew. He's your favorite customer, after all." If he had been just the slightest bit more evil, Michael might have cackled as he walked away. Even then, he could nearly feel Eli glaring daggers at him.

"What do you want?" Michael heard Eli ask Matthew just before the door to the back room shut behind him. He considered telling Eli to at least try to be nicer. Then he remembered that Matthew actually liked being treated like crap by the redhead.

Still, Michael tried not to take too long. He didn't really want to walk into a murder scene after leaving Eli and Matthew alone for too long. Not that he should have worried because apparently, they were more likely to make out when left on their own.

The box of disposable cups Michael held dropped to the ground, startling both Eli and Matthew, the latter of which was leaning over the counter, lips firmly planted over Eli's. At the sound of the box hitting the ground, Eli promptly shoved Matthew away. When he turned to look at Michael, his cheeks were a brilliant shade of red, brown eyes wide and an expression of utter panic on his face. Michael almost laughed.

"What the actual hell?" was about all Michael could manage to say.

Instead of answering, Eli turned to Matthew with a glare. Michael prepared to hold the enraged redhead back because Matthew was a regular and he didn't really want to lose his best customer. Also, he didn't think it would be good for business if there was a murder there and with Eli in prison, who would mop up the blood?

Thankfully, Eli decided not to kill Matthew. Michael wasn't sure why, but he was still glad Eli settled for glaring.

"I told you not to do that here," Eli practically growled at Matthew. He didn't look quite so menacing while looking like a particularly ripe tomato, but it was still a valiant effort.

"Oh, so anywhere else is fine?" Michael couldn't help but ask, brows rising as he looked between the two. He didn't fail to notice that Matthew was fighting a grin while looking at Eli expectantly.

"Mostly at home," Matthew said when it became clear that Eli would not be answering any time soon. Eli's blush was now creeping down his neck, and up to his ears. Michael was honestly a little impressed someone could be that red.

He was also highly amused, which is why he decided to continue his line of questioning. It was, after all, quiet around the shop at that time and he had to get his entertainment somewhere. Eli must have known what he was thinking, because he actually managed to speak up.

"Not that it's any of your business," he interjected before either Matthew of Michael could say anything else. "And you, go home," Eli told Matthew.

"But I don't want to go home," Matthew practically whined.

"He hasn't even gotten any coffee," Michael pointed out, managing to keep his tone from being too gleeful.

"He doesn't want any coffee." Michael felt like the words "or else" should have followed.

"Actually, I would love some coffee. And a blueberry muffin," Matthew said cheerfully.

Michael looked at Eli expectantly and, for a moment, he thought Eli would kick him in the shins and storm out. He was only mildly surprised when he turned to make Matthew's usual cup of coffee, slamming it down on the counter a minute later.

"We're out of muffins," he said, making that simple phrase sound a lot more hostile than it had any right to.

"Well, I guess I've had enough sweets for today anyway."

Michael fully expected Matthew to end up with painfully hot coffee on his face. Especially with the way he was grinning at Eli. Fortunately for him, Eli wasn't feeling particularly vindictive that day, because he only glared.

Matthew must have figured he shouldn't push his luck, because he turned to leave after dropping his usual tip in the jar on the counter.

"See you at home, honey!" The wink he threw Eli might have been a bit much. It was probably why he sped out of the shop before Eli could jump over the counter and kick him out—literally.

"Enjoy your coffee, not the barista," Michael called out. Next to him, Eli spluttered, too enraged to come up with a proper response while Michael finally gave into the urge to cackle.

His job had just gotten a lot more fun. 

- - - - - - - - -

Hey everyone! So this is super short, but I figured I'd write something. Also, it was fun and I've been busy and in a kind of slump so it helped, haha. I'll probably be writing a couple more soon if my computer stops dying on me. Poor thing's older than my Wattpad account so I shouldn't complain.

Anyway, hope you've liked it and thank you for checking it out! Also, to those of you entering the Wattys (and you all really should) good luck! :D