<-20->

<-I-L-A-<<<
I spent the rest of the ride looking out the window, giving Matteo the cold shoulder. I was embarrassed and angry. During the dangerous speed burst, the speedometer went high over 100. Unlike Matteo, I rather walk on the safe side. Being a doctor and seeing a lot of people so close to death, I value life and safety. Something could have gone horribly wrong and could have resulted in a tragic car accident.

We arrived at a high class, five-star Asian cuisine restaurant and I got out of the car. I left my car door open, buying me some time to get ahead of him.

"Ila, wait up." He called after me as he struggled to lock the car doors. I ignored him and proceeded to the restaurant.

Matteo continued to press the button on the key repeatedly but the car remained unlocked. He realized my door was opened and walked around the car to close it. By then, I had already entered the building.

"Hello, I'm Choi." The waiter at the door greeted me. "Do you have a reservation?"

"Yes, a reservation for Matthew Castro," I told him, giving him Matteo's fake name.

"For two, correct?" Choi asked. He was probably wondering why I had shown up alone.

"Yes. Matthew is behind me." I pointed to the glass door to show that Matteo was walking towards the restaurant.

"Would you like to wait for him?"

"No. Can you please show me our seats?"

"Right this way."

Choi led me to our table. It was located at the corner of the place. I sat in the chair that faced everyone, getting a good look of the area. The restaurant was beautiful. It's white floor and walls were spotlessly clean and shiny. Soft bamboo flute instrumental music played among the murmurs of people's conversation and the clinking of people's drinks.

"Really?" Matteo asked about my childish behavior right as he got to our table.

"Really," I said as I defensively crossed my arms.

"Okay, you're mad," he said as he took a seat, "I'm sorry."

I sighed and uncrossed my arms. "It's fine. I just don't want to die anytime soon. Don't do anything so stupid and reckless. We could have died and I would have saved your life twice for noth-"

I stopped lecturing Matteo as our waiter brought food to our table.

"I didn't order anything," I told Matteo, confused.

"I did." Matteo explained, "I ordered when I made the reservation."

"You can do that?" I asked, surprised.

He nodded as he picked up his chopsticks from the napkin that refrained it from touching the table.

"I've never tried sushi," I told him as I mirrored his action.

"This is your first time?" He asked, raising his eyebrow. For a moment after he asked the question, my mind wasn't thinking about the sushi.

I nodded, looking at the raw fish that was at the center of the plate. It sat on top of white steamed rice, drizzled by a red glaze. I picked it up with the pair of chopsticks, with no problem, and placed the sushi inside my mouth.

I moaned at the flavor, "It's delicious."

I was enjoying everything that he had ordered. Foods in all kind of variety from light to heavy, sweet to spicy, and simple to complex came to our table one after another. I felt myself getting full but I would feel guilty for not finishing the dish. After all, Matteo had taken me out to this fancy restaurant and the food must be outrageously expensive.