<-54->

Pt. 1 of the ending... sedated the last chapter into two since I thought it was too long ;p

<-I-L-A-<<<
Kianzo was right, it was all going down tonight. As much as I like the sound of us rescuing Matteo at this very second, the thought of not planning it out, intricately, did not sit well with me. I grew uneasy as Marcella spoke.

"He's in Trieste," Marcella stated, getting straight to the point.

Sounding pleasantly surprised, Aiden said, "That means he's only about an hour or two away."

"Yes and he's waiting for us," Marcella announced.

I furrowed my eyebrows, confused. I asked, "Wait, he knows we're coming?"

"Adriano said that we weren't in a place where we have the upper hand. Adriano thinks that we should try and at least talk to Stollo. My original plan was to go havoc but Adriano convinced me otherwise in our conversation," She explained.

"Did Adriano really say all of that?" Giovanni asked Kianzo.

"Maybe in shoulder shrugs, eyebrow raises, and eye rolls," Kianzo snickered. Those who overheard their mini side conversation also chuckled. Something inside me snapped when I saw their small smiles appear at their lips.

"Do you think talking is going to get Matteo back? What are we going to say? Are we just going to demand Stollo to hand him over? Do you really think that he's just going to willingly give Matteo back?" I asked, aggressively at Marcella. I was angered. I couldn't believe she was saying this. I was more baffled at the fact that people around me weren't opposing. There was no way that I was the only one who saw the fault in this.

"Ila, do you think that I haven't thought about that?" Marcella asked, defending herself. "If Stollo doesn't give Matteo back to us, do you think we are just going to leave without him? If the talk doesn't go our way or if Stollo pulls a move on us, we'll revert to my original plan."

Everyone's attention was focused on me. They were waiting for my response to Marcella. I realized that my outburst was uncalled for. I was frustrated by the situation and took it out on her. Feeling embarrassed and sorry, I got up from my seat.

"I need a minute," I excused myself and walked towards the building. After entering the villa, I walked through the first door I saw. I didn't realize that I was in the bathroom until after I locked the door.

"Ila, let's talk," Marcella said, outside beyond the bathroom door. She had followed me.

"No, I need to use the bathroom. You can continue with the meeting," I quickly said, flustered. I heard Marcella sigh. I put my ear to the door, listening to her footsteps as she walked away. Just to be safe, I decided to stay in the restroom for a couple more minutes to make it look like I was using it.

Going to the toilet, I set the cover down so I could use it as a seat. I sat down and thought of what I was going to do next. Of course, I was going to apologize to Marcella. I thought about what she said and the more I thought about it, the more I agreed with it. I guess it was the fact that I didn't like to feel helpless. Seeing Marcella being so willing to submit to Stollo made me felt as if we already lost. We haven't yet, it's just that this time we were playing by the rules.

>>>-M-A-T-T-E-O->
"Who's Ila?" A man asked. His question wasn't directed towards me but for his companion.

"His girlfriend," The other man answered.

"Oh, that's why Boss keeps telling him he killed her," The man said, fully understanding. "I was beginning to think she was a sister or something."