<-44->

<-I-L-A-<<<
After the conversation with Quinten, he gave me the medicine that would help me heal. The medication made me sleepy, contributing to the fatigue of exhaustion, and caused me to doze off.

I slept until I couldn't sleep anymore. In my bed, I tested my strength. While wiggling my toes and moving my legs, I noticed there was a bearable ache. I deeply inhale and exhale, checking the extent at where my current diaphragm could reach before it was too painful. I checked my neck muscles. I couldn't look around the full 180 degrees, especially at where the heel wound was at. I didn't bother moving my shoulders. Even resting it still, it hurt.

I reclined the top half of the bed forward to the full 90 degrees and swung both of my legs over the edge of the bed. Successfully standing up, it felt as if I was learning how to walk all over again. I steadily moved to the desk that was right by the door, spotting a sling that I assumed was for me. Beside the sling was a digital clock that told me it was 5:43 in the afternoon. I leaned myself comfortably on the wall and slipped my arm through the hole of the sling. The cruel moments of sharp, hot tingles at my left shoulder passed by once I got the sling secured correctly.

I opened the door with my right hand, noticing that pain occurred on my left side even when I moved my right. I didn't bother in closing the door behind me. I knew I was going to go back in later I turned right and walked down the hall. No one was in the living area and I moved further into the kitchen.

In the kitchen, Quinten was alone. He was putting two bowls on the island. He walked back to the stove and grabbed the small pot on the stovetop. He transferred the chicken and rice porridge from inside the pot to the two bowls, splitting the food evenly.

"Smells good," I said. Quinten turned back to me and smiled, sliding a drawer open.

"You found the sling?" He asked, pointing at my resting arm with the pairs of spoon he had pulled out.

"Yeah," I replied. "Where is everyone?'

"They didn't want what I was making for you guys and went out. Take a seat, they'll be back in a bit. I'm going to wheel out Aiden so we can all eat together."

Right as Quinten left, I heard car doors closing shut before being locked. The front door from the kitchen was out of view but I knew it was being opened due to the slight creak it made.

At the doorway, Marcella, Giovanni, and Matteo walked in one by one.

Marcella set a cup of frappuccino in front of me, "I thought you might need something to raise your blood pressure, your sugar level must be low."

"Thanks," I smiled. I was glad to see Marcella. If it was me alone with her, I would have spilled everything that I wasn't able to tell Matteo.

Marcella pouted, "No problem. I missed you!" She threw her arms around me and moved us side to side.

"Ow!" I said as her arm touched my wounded shoulder. I tried to stay balanced in my chair with the greater fear of me falling.

Matteo grabbed Marcella's hand and moved it off of me.

"You're hurting her," he said, sitting in the seat next to me.

I looked at him and when he met my eyes, I looked away.

"Sorry," Marcella said, drawing back, "I really missed you."

"You are fine."

"Where is the doctor?" Giovanni asked. He was at the far end to the table, pulling out containers of food from the plastic bags that held the restaurant logo.

"He left to get Aiden," I answered.

On cue, the doctor emerged into the kitchen with Aiden in his medical bed sitting up.

"Are there medical bed that has remote-controlled wheels?" Aiden asked as Quinten pushed him beside me.

"There is. We have some in the hospital but those are really expensive," said Quinten.

"We should invest in one," Aiden said, after thinking about it. "Maybe then Ila and I can race on them and see who is faster. Matteo can we ge-"

"No," said Matteo, shutting down Aiden's question.

I smiled at the thought of it and Quinten chuckled. Quinten opened a slide compartment from the bed which brought out a board that acted like a hovering table. Marcella handed Quinten Aiden's bowl and he placed it in the center of Aiden's small bed table.

"Aaah," Aiden said as he opened his mouth, waiting for Quintin to feed him.

"Feed yourself, Aiden. Your upper half is fine, however, Ila's upper half isn't," Quinten said. "Can you eat without help?"

I  was able to grab a hold of the spoon. It barely reached halfway to my lips. I tried to bend my head down to meet it but I halted to the pain.

Matteo gentle took the spoon out of my hand. My gaze followed the spoon as he brought it up to his mouth. Cautiously, he blew the pool of porridge until there was no sign of steam rising. Matteo placed his free hand, palm facing up, under my mouth to catch any falling food as he fed it to me.

Aiden snapped his fingers at Quinten and pointed from his bowl to his opened mouth, "I'm waiting."

The doctor ignored Aiden and eventually he began to eat without the help of  Quinten.

"Quinten, aren't you suppose to be at the hospital? Isn't today's your afternoon shift?" I asked, recalling his schedule.

"I called in sick," he said, covering his mouth to hide the chewed up subsandwich bites.

"How's Charlotte?" I questioned, wondering about my old friend.

"She the same, forgetful as always," Quinten broke out in a smile. "Did she tell you that me and her are dating?"

My eyebrows lifted up in amusement and I tilt my head in disbelief. The movement triggered instant regret. I pretended that it didn't hurt and told him, "No, she didn't. I haven't been talking to her because of the mafia. I lied and told her that I-"

"You were back with your parents because your dad has pelvis cancer," Quinten said, revealing that Charlotte had told him already.

"Close, it was prostate cancer," I corrected.

"My man, he be getting some," Giovanni said, bumping fist with Aiden who snickered.

"Ew, my dad doesn't really have prostate cancer." I pushed Matteo's arm, telling him I didn't want to be fed anymore.

"Why did you chose to tell her that he had prostate cancer? Why not liver cancer? Kidney cancer?" Marcella asked.

"Breast cancer?" Giovanni suggested. Marcella gave Giovanni a look to shut up.

<~>
Please show much love <3