<-52->

>>>-M-A-T-T-E-O->
Rather than be slapped to get knocked out, I was getting palmed left and right to wake up. The current beating was adding more damage to my sickly state. I couldn't remember the last time where I was this badly harmed. Even at rest, my limbs were aching with a burning sensation. The slightest touch and movement became unbearable. Breathing became a struggle. What's was once a conscious thing to do was now something to be done manually. The constant pain at my lungs reminded me that I need to exhale and inhale. As I breathed through my mouth, the metallic, almost irony, taste told me that more blood was threatening to come up. Even though my mouth was left a gap with the intentions of groaning in pain, nothing was voiced. I didn't  know if my body was able to take anymore trauma.

I opened my eyes after I felt the series of strikes stop. It was dark and my vision was temporarily impaired, due to the hard hits to the head, but I could make a few things upon my surroundings. The multiple tiny pricks I felt poking through my clothes told me I was laying on the grass. Grass indicated I was outside, so did the colder temperature and the wind.

"Wake up, you bitch," the man said, knowing well that I had already woken up from my blackout.

I heard footsteps approaching me and I turned my head to the sound of it. I couldn't make out the figure but based on the smell of familiar old-man cologne, I knew it was Stollo. His presence made me remember the hatred I had for him. Of course, Stollo and his mafia played dirty. They took their toll on me even after I lost conscious.

"We're catching a helicopter ride to Venice," Stollo said. As if on cue, the spinning of helicopter blades could be heard. Stollo spoke a little louder, "The only problem for you is that there's no room."

I tried to make sense of what Stollo was getting at. I felt two pairs of hands gripping my elbow. They began to drag me towards the helicopter. The sounds of the blades against the air got louder as I got closer. The men stopped moving me, leaving me on the ground, right at the legs of the chopper. Their hands roamed my body as they strapped me in a harness. Once seeing that was secured, they moved onto my hands. They were untied only to be taped to the horizontal bar that connected each parallel legs of the aircraft. In my mind, things began to click and Stollo confirmed it.

Yelling to strain his voice over the sound of the helicopter blades, Stollo said, "At least you'll get a good view, eh?"

Stollo hoisted himself into the helicopter, making sure to step on my left hand in the process. I threw my head back as an immediate response to pain and groaned. I couldn't make out the talk that was happening from within. Seconds after, the helicopter rose. I hung there by my arms. The harness did nothing to carry me for it was longer, teasing me by being so useless. The temptation of freeing my hands was quickly put out, doubting if the harness was strong enough to support me. Gravity weighted me down causing every pained muscle that made me stretch. The pain my full body was experiencing was set aside as I started to feel the elevation in my stomach.

 My feet were far from the ground. Rather than looking down, I titled my head up and shifted my gaze upwards. The view was just as unpleasant. Sticking his head out, Stollo smiled a sinister smile. Waving teasingly at me, I was looking at the devil himself. This was hell.

<-I-L-A-<<<

We gathered into Marcella's room. Aiden joined us after using the bathroom. Sullen, we occupied our own spaces. Marcella took the bed. Giovanni laid down on the couch. Aiden sat in the chair that belonged to the desk in the room. Halfway deep into the bean bag chair, I was sunken in. I watched as they went onto their phones. Marcella, Gio, and Aiden decided to contact all to be on the lookout for Stollo and his mafia. By eight in the morning, with no sleep, all three were answering calls and taking down whereabouts.