3

The bell rang, signaling the end of the period. The students began clearing out the room, heading to their second period of the day.

"So, looks like you will be my personal guide." Ashton turned to me, waiting for me to collect my things.

"Everly here will be a wonderful guide for all the boring crap like, where certain classes are located, or where the library is at. But if you want to know where all the hot spots for ditching are at, yours truly will be able to help with that." Stephaine flirted, touching Ashton's shoulder lightly. Of course, I thought rolling my eyes at her.

"Um, that's okay." Ashton politely declined her offer, which caused me to silently laugh to myself. He turned his attention back to me, "So, Everly, off to English we go."

"See you at lunch." I called to Stephanie, as we walked in separate directions. Ashton and I began to walk towards our English class in an awkward silence.

"So that's your best friend?" He questioned me, breaking the awkward silence.

"Uh yeah." I answered him knowing exactly where this is going.

"How?" He asked, sounding confused about the whole thing. I'm not surprised, when people usually find out that Steph and I are best friends they are usually shocked. I know what they're thinking, how is a beautiful, outgoing, gorgeous girl, like Stephanie friends with someone like me.

"Right. Cause she's gorgeous and I'm just average." I said with a bit of a bitter tone.

"Oh, no! That's not what I meant." Ashton started back tracking his question. "I just meant you seem so different. You seem to care about your schooling, while she seems like she doesn't really give a shit." he explained.

"Oh." I felt stupid for jumping to conclusions, but can you blame me. "Well we grew up together. Honestly, if we had not known each other our whole lives, I don't think we would be friends." I confessed to Ashton. We arrived at our English class and we both took a seat in the front, Ashton sitting to my right once again. The teacher started welcoming everyone to class.

"Everly." Ashton whispered to me, "You are so not average." He smiled at me, and returned his attention back to the teacher. I couldn't help but to blush at that comment.

What the hell is happening. No boy has ever showed any attention to me, especially not cute foreign ones. No guy has ever noticed me, unless it involved something for a class assignment, they always looked past me and straight to Stephanie. It never usually bothered me, I've grown used to it, so now that there is a boy, an attractive one might I add, paying attentiong to me, well it's all a bit weird.

The teacher let the class talk amongst each other for the last fifteen minutes, as it was just the first day of school, and class won't officially start til tomorrow.

"Hey Everly, how was your summer?" Calum, a boy I've known since 7th grade, asked behind me.

"Hey Calum. Good. How was your's?" I turned in my chair to talk to look at him.

"It was really good. Minus all the Stephanie shit." Calum looked down at his hands. Over the summer, Calum and Stephanie sort of dated, and by sort of dated, I mean he was one of Stephanie's weekly hook ups. They weren't official, Calum wanted to be, but Stephanie wanted to, and I quote her, "Have fun" and "Not be tied down." Sadly, Stephanie ended up breaking Calum's heart when she slept with one of his best friends. Let's just say that wasn't fun to be around once he found out.

"Yeah. I'm sorry about that." I apologized to him, I heard Ashton clear his throat next to me making sure I knew he was still there. "Oh. Calum, this is Ashton, he's new here."

"Hey nice to meet you." Calum stook out his hand for Ashton to shake.

"You too mate." He shook Calum's hand.

"Woah. You're not from here." Calum said taken back by Ashton's Australian accent.

"Yeah, I'm not. I'm from Australia, just moved here." Ashton laughed at Calum's response.

"That's cool. Why would you come here?" Calum asked Ashton, I was also wondering why Ashton moved here.

"Family stuff." Ashton answered vaguely, taken a sudden interest in his fingers.

"Understandable. No need to tell us. We get it." Calum gave him a smile and a pat on the back. I smiled at Calum. If there was one thing Calum was good at was being nice, to everyone, he never made anyone feel unimportant. "So what class do you have next?" he asked changing the subject.

"I have AP Anatomy." I said checking my schedule.

"AP Calculus." Ashton replied. Attractive and smart.

"Same. We can walk together." Calum said all excited about making a new friend in Ashton. The bell rang signaling the end of second period. We all gathered our stuff and headed towards the door.

"I guess I'll see you at lunch?" Ashton asked me.

"Yeah. I mean only if you want to." I stuttered nervously. Get it together Everly.

"Yeah, of course." Ashton said smiling at me.

"Then I guess I'll see you at lunch." I waved at him as we walked in our separate directions to class. 

All throughout Anatomy I couldn't help myself from counting down the hours til lunch, just so I can see Ashton again. What is this boy doing to me.

----

I hope you guys enjoyed this. I don't know how I feel about it. I'm just trying to get this story started and off the ground. I don't know.