6

Everly's P.O.V.

My mom kept pestering me all the way home about why I was so happy. I didn't want to say anything, for fear that I may just jinx everything.

"Mom, I promise it wasn't anything major." I lied, hoping she would drop the subject.

"Everly, you were in such a negative mood this morning, something had to happen for you to be so happy that you may practically pee your pants." She gave me a side glance while trying to also focus on the road.

"So Em, how was your first day of school?" I said changing the subject, turning my body to face her in the backseat.

"It was so much fun!" She exclaimed, practically jumping out of her seat.

"That's good! Did you make any friends?" My tone matching her's.

"Yeah! I met this girl named Lisa, and another names Tiffany. Oh and I also met this boy named Spencer and..." She said beginning to name all of her new friends, which I'm positive she's just naming her whole class.

"Sounds like a lot of fun." I said already regretting asking her about school. Thankfully we were pulling into our garage. Emma was the first one out and running inside the house to watch her cartoons. I went into the kitchen to grab a snack with my mom following behind.

"When's Dad getting home?" I asked my mom, taking a bite out of an apple.

"He won't be home til late tonight. He said not to bother waiting for him." She explained getting my sister a snack.

I went upstairs to wait for dinner to be ready. I decided to get a head start on reading the assigned book for AP English. We weren't going to start reading it for another week, but I thought why not. Yes, I'm also that kind of nerd.

I was already half way done with Jane Eyre when I felt my phone buzz on my nightstand. My eyes and smile widen once I saw it was a text from Ashton. I quickly opened the text, nice Everly don't make it so obvious.

Ashton: Hey :))

It was a simple text but it made me smile like a girl who was getting married. "Calm down Everly" I thought. I sent him back a simple text also. Less than a minute later, he texted back.

Ashton: What r u doing?

Everly: Reading Jane Eyre.

Ashton: Already getting started on an assignment that's due in 3 months

Everly: Haha That's me!

Ashton: That's cute : )

I couldn't help but to blush and grin like a complete idiot.

Everly: Thanks.

Ashton: Haha anytime :D

Everly: What are you doing?

Ashton: Nothing as interesting as Jane Eyre I bet :P

Everly: Hey! Don't make fun of me!

Ashton: Haha I'm not : )

Everly: Jerk :P

Ashton: Haha so u normally talk to jerks then...

Everly: No. But for some reason you slipped through the cracks.

Ashton: LOL. Well I'm honored.

Everly: You should be!

Ashton: So Miss Everly Johnson tell me about yourself.

Everly: umm what do you want to know...

I suddenly felt insecure talking to Ashton. No guy has ever had the interest in getting to know me, probably because about 90% of the guys in my grade have known me since pre-school.

Ashton: Like how many siblings do you have?

Everly: I only have one. A 5 year old sister named Emma. What about you?

Ashton: I have 2 younger siblings. A 13 year old sister named Sophia and I also have a 5 year old brother named Spencer.

What's your favorite color?

Everly: Green. You?

Ashton: Blue. When was the last time you had a boyfriend?

That question took me by surprise, I wasn't expecting him to ask me that type of question.

Everly: Umm...Sixth grade...for about a week.

Ashton: That doesn't count.

Everly: Well then I haven't had a boyfriend.

Ashton: How does someone like you not have a boyfriend!?!?

Everly: I just never had one. No guy has ever liked me.

I suddenly didn't feel like talking to Ashton anymore. I mean it's not like I don't want to talk to him, I just don't get why it's such a big deal I haven't had a proper boyfriend. I don't get why he makes it a big deal, or why Stephanie insists on always setting me up with one of her leftovers. Is it so crazy that I just never had one? It's never bothered me, so why does it bother everyone else.

Ashton: C'mon some guys have had to like you.

Everly: No. They always go for Stephanie.

I was starting to get annoyed. I don't get why he can't just understand that I'm not what these guys want. I'm just nerdy Everly.

Ashton: I don't believe that for one second.

Everly: Well it's true. Now drop it.

Ashton: Did I hit a nerve?

Everly: No! I'm just sick of people asking me why I don't have a boyfriend. It's not that big of a deal. I'm not drop dead gorgeous like Stephanie. No guys notice me.

Ashton: Oh that's where you're wrong Everly. Cause I notice you.

I didn't know how to respond to that. He notices me...

Ashton: Trust me if I've noticed you, many others have. You just have to step out of Stephanie's shadow.

Everly: Okay. Next subject.

Ashton: I'm just saying. I don't mean to get you upset.

Everly: I'm not upset. I just don't want to talk about this anymore.

Ashton: Okay.

-------------

Sorry I haven't updated in awhile, it's been pretty busy.

Also, I saw One Direction on Saturday!!!! And it was the best night of my life!!! I can't believe how many people were there to see them, so proud of them!!

Anyways this update was a tad boring and a bit of a mess...i wrote it over the course of a month...

Thanks for reading!