12

Everly couldn't stop thinking about Ashton all day. Once lunch came around she was all antsy to see how he was doing. She kept looking around for him as she was heading towards her regular table, where Stephanie was waiting for her at.

"Hey." Stephanie said when she noticed Everly taking a seat across from her.

"Uh hi." Everly returned, too busy looking around for Ashton. She didn't see him with the boys at their lunch table, where Michael was also missing from.

"Looking for Australia?" Stephanie asked suddenttly getting Everly's attention.

"Yeah. Have you seen him?" She asked trying not to sound so distressed about it.

"Yup." was all that Stephanie said, suddenly becoming more interested in eating her lunch than helping her friend out.

"Hello?" Everly said getting more annoyed with her best friend.

"Where did you see Ashton at?" She asked when Stephanie swallowed the food in her mouth.

"Why do you care so much where he's at?" She raised an eyebrow at her.

"Because he's my friend." Everly tread slowly.

"Mmhmm, sure." She remarked.

"He is!" Everly was beginning to lose her patience, "Now just tell me where you saw him at."

"Geez, calm down. I saw him and Michael walk towards the student parking lot." She said pointing to towards the parking lot.

"Thanks." Everly quickly getting up and heading to where she knew Michael's car was parked.

___________________________

Ashton was still not feeling well throughout the day, so when Michael saw how he was acting he became concerned.

"Hey dude, everything alright?" He asked on their way out of the classroom, to lunch.

"Eh just not feeling all to here today." He answered truthfully.

"I get you." Michael patted his shoulder.

"You know I may have a way that'll help you." Michael said causing Ashton to look at him questioningly.

"Just follow me."

___________________________

Ashton knew what they were doing was bad, and the fact that they were doing it on school property was even worse. But he needed this, and honestly he didn't even care about the consequences. Plus Michael said the parking security wouldn't care as long as they shared, he thought while taking another hit of the blunt.

He was doing so good also, he hasn't thought about this stuff or the other shit he used to do, in almost five months. Once he had hit his lowest moment, and saw the look on his parents face when he woke up in a hospital bed, he never wanted to touch any of that stuff again. He agreed to going to a rehab facility to get clean; after about a month and a half being in there, his parents and doctors agreed he was ready to go home.

Ashton promised himself that this will be the last time he did it, he couldn't risk going off the track, not when he just moved here. After this no more, he thought to himself.

They froze when they heard a knock on the window.
___________________________
When Everly got closer to Michael's car, she noticed that it was filled with smoke. She knew exactly what they were doing.

She knocked on the driver's side window.

"Fuck." she heard Michael say from inside the car.

After about a minute, the window was being rolled down letting out the stench of the weed.

"Oh it's just Everly." Michael sighed in relief, "We thought you were the principal."

"What the hell are you guys doing!" Everly yelled at them.

"Well you see-"

"Michael I know what you guys were doing!" She cut him off.

"Why?" She asked as Ashton got out of the car and made his way towards her.

"Sorry. Michael said it would help calm me down." Ashton said looking at his feet.

"And look at him! He's calm!" Michael said getting out of his car smiling so big.

"You guys are fucking idiots for doing that. Especially here!" She said shaking her head at them.

"C'mon Everly don't be mad. I needed this." Ashton said giving her a small smile. She refused to look at him.

"C'mon smile." Ashton said poking her side.

Everly broke into a smile.

"See that's the smile that I love." Ashton said, which caused her to blush.

"Let's go before anyone sees us." She said. Ashton threw his arm around Everly as they walked back into the school. She felt the butterflies in her stomach go crazy.

On their way to the table Everly noticed that Ashton's mood was drastically different from this morning. She knew it was only because he was high, and normally she would be disgusted by that, and cause he reeked of weed, but on Ashton she couldn't help but love it.

"Stop staring at me, weirdo." He smiled down at the girl that he had his arm around.

Everly quickly looked down as she felt her cheeks warm up. Ashton lightly chuckled and pressed a kiss to the side of her head.

She felt a tingle on the side where Ashton's lips just left. She felt her heart beating, like it was about to fall out of her chest. She wasn't used to this feeling.

That's when Everly knew she was starting to slowly fall for him, and she was scared at the thought of it.

___________________________

Okay so I honestly don't know how I feel about this chapter...

Hope you guys like it

xx