5

Ashton's P.O.V.

I saw my mum's car waiting for me in the school's parking lot. I knew I must've looked like a crazy person with how huge I was smiling. Today was a great first day of school, I was really nervous about it, but the second I talked to Everly I just knew it was going to be a good one. Yeah cheesy I know, but there's just something intriguing about her; I don't know what it is, but I had to find out.

"Hi sweetie." My mum greeted me as I got into the passenger's seat of her car. I leaned over the middle console to give her a hug.

"How was school?" she asked me as she made her way out of the school parking lot.

"It was really good actually!" I truthfully answered.

"Glad to hear. I knew how nervous you were this morning." She smiled at me pleased with my answer. The light sound of the music coming from the radio filling the car.

"So did you make any friends?" She asked me after a few minutes.

"Yeah, I made a few."

"That's good!" She replied a little too enthusiastically. "I just hope they're better than your friends back home."

"Mom." I groaned.

"No, Ashton." She began getting serious, "I will not have that again. You here me? You can't just go and destroy your future for a little fun. I swear Ashton if-"

"Mom! I get it." I cut her off. "I promise it will not happen again."

"It better not." She said clearly upset with me now. Thankfully we pulled into our house.

Our house here was quite different than our house in Australia. It was much bigger and roomier, which for me is a lot better, but for my mother she feels like we are too separated. She doesn't understand that it's a good thing. My sister and I used to fight a lot cause we were always so cramped in that little house. Also, I had to share a bedroom with my kid brother, don't get me wrong it was fun, but there's just some things you can't do around a five year-old (I know not his brothers actual age but this is fiction).

I quickly got out of the car and ran into the house, before my mother could lecture me some more.

"Ashton!" I heard my name called, followed by footsteps running downstairs and into the living room where I was. I turned around and was greeted by my brother's arms wrapped around my waist.

"Hey little man." I hugged him back. He looked up at me smiling so big that it was contagious.

"How was school?" I asked him pulling away from the hug.

"It was so much fun! I made a lot of new friends!" He followed me to the couch and sat right next to me.

"That's really good to hear." I said turning on the tv and resting my arm on the back of the couch.

"Sophie didn't have a good day." He said looking down at his hands.

"What happened?" I turned off the tv and focused my attention on him. He just gave me a shrug and turned the tv back on. I got off the couch and headed to the kitchen where my mum was.

"What happened with Sophia? Spence said she didn't have a good day." I asked her.

Whenever it came to my siblings I felt the need to protect them, like any big brother would do. Sophia and I may fight, but at the end of the day she is still my baby sister, and I'll do anything to protect her.

"Some of the kids were just being mean." She sighed, getting things ready for dinner.

"Just being mean?" I started to get angry. How can she just down play it.

"Ashton, please." She pleaded. "That's all I know. When your father gets home we will talk to her about it some more."

I rolled my eyes and headed upstairs to check on my sister. I lightly knocked on her door, which was across from my room. I heard her call me in from the other side.

"Hey." I walked in closing the door behind me.

"Hey." She said softly, turning off her tv, and making some room for me on her bed.

"I heard you had a rough day?" I asked sitting down next to her, both our feet dangling off the edge.

"Yeah." She became more interested in chipping off her nail polish.

"Wanna talk about it?" I asked her. She looked up at me with tears in her eyes.

She shook her head no and fell into my chest, crying softly.

"Hey. It's okay." I lulled her, wrapping my arms around her, holding her tightly.

I don't know how kids can be so cruel nowadays, especially to someone who is incredibly nice and kind hearted. Seeing my sister this upset makes me furious. I know there isn't anything I could do now, except hold her and let her cry, and that's just what I did.

------------

I know this isn't that interesting, but I wanted to write a chapter in Ashton's POV and introduce you to his siblings.

Just a reminder, this is entirely fiction. I will not be using Ashton's real siblings/mom's names or their identities for that matter. And Ashton has a dad in this story. It is not based on Ashton's real life. Some people get that confused.

Thanks for reading :)