8

Everly was eating breakfast when her dad came downstairs.

"Morning." He greeted her, grabbing a coffee mug from the cabinet

"Morning." She said, swallowing the bite of cereal she took. Her dad took a seat across from her.

"So how was your first day of senior year?" He asked her, taking a sip out of his coffee mug.

"It was good." She answered him, taking another spoonful of her cereal.

"That's good." There was a few moments of silence, until Everly spoke up.

"What time did you get home?" She asked her dad, while rinsing off her empty bowl.

"Um around midnight." He answered looking at his cellphone, "I was just assigned to a new case, so I was working on that."

Everly's dad was a big time lawyer in their town, he was always busy with work.

"I'm ready whenever you are." Everly announced, grabbing her backpack off of the chair she was sat at.

"Let's go." Her dad said once he downed the rest of his coffee. He placed the mug into the sink on their way out, grabbing his keys in the process.

It was a quiet car ride minus the low hum of the radio. When they pulled into the school's parking lot Everly noticed Ashton standing by the entrance waiting. Her face broke out into a grin.

"Bye!" She called out quickly exiting the car.

"Bye." Her dad chuckled knowing she didn't hear him.

"Hey." Ashton smiled noticing Everly.

"Hi." She shyly greeted him.

"Sleep well?" He asked. Before Everly could answer Michael was right by their side, he threw his arm over Ashton's shoulder.

"Hey guys!" Michael greeted them with a chirpy tone.

"Hey." Ashton and Everly said at the same time.

"So do you guys want to come hang out at my place after school?" Michael asked looking in between them. "But no Stephanie. Sorry Ev."

"It's okay." Everly gave him a small apologetic smile. She knows just how badly Stephanie screwed Michael over. Stephanie screwed Michael over so badly, she's surprised Michael is even talking to her, Stephanie's best friend.

"Oh and Ashton, since you said no to the movies yesterday, you have no choice but to come." Michael said smirking at Ashton.

"I'll only go if Everly goes." Ashton said raising his eyebrow at her.

"I guess it's settled then. See you both after school." Michael said already walking away.

"Sorry. I didn't really want to go alone." Ashton apologized, "Plus they're more your friends than mine."

"Oh." It dawned on Everly, "You're scared to hang out with them."

"Well not really." Ashton rubbed the back of his neck, looking everywhere but at Everly. "I just don't know them well enough."

"Don't worry, they're harmless." Everly reassured him. Before Ashton could say anything Stephanie had decided to join them.

"Who's harmless?" She asked.

"Oh no one." Everly eyed Ashton making sure he doesn't say anything.

"O-kay." Stephanie said looking between them, choosing just to ignore their weird behavior. "So Ev, want to come over to mine after school?"

"Oh..umm sorry but...um" Everly struggled to come up with an excuse.

"She's actually going to come over to my house and help me with some homework." Ashton gave Everly a smile and a wink. Everly mouthed a thank you to him.

"Nerds." Stephanie commented.

The bell rang signaling it's time for another day of school, and one day closer to freedom. Before they knew it, school was already over.

Ashton and Everly were walking to the student parking lot where Michael's car was parked at. Michael's car stood out among all the nicer cars owned by the very privileged high schoolers. He owned a very very old car, that had once belonged to his grandfather, who was not allowed to drive after his last car accident. It was beaten down, and Everly was surprised it was still drivable. Basically, it was death on wheels, coincidentally Michael had named it, "Death on Wheels", "Dow" for short.

They spotted Calum and Luke waiting by "Dow".

"Where's Michael?" Everly asked the two tall boys.

"Trying to get Allison George's number." Luke laughed. Michael showed up a few minutes later with a defeated look on his face.

"So how'd it go?" Calum asked trying his hardest not to laugh at his friend.

"Shut up and get in the car." Michael glared at Calum, unlocking his car.

Everly was sat in the back between, Ashton and Calum. Luke and Michael were in the front arguing about what to listen to on the short drive home. After Michael and Luke decided what to listen to, they began the drive to Michael's. You could hear his car coming from miles away, as he pulled out of the student parking lot.

-----

Just a filler.

Thanks for reading :)